Lecturer Over the Moon

A Nottingham University lecturer has won an international award recognising his work in corporate, social and environmental responsibility education. Professor Jeremy Moon, who is the director of the Business School’s International Centre for Corporate Social Responsibility (ICCSR), has been recognised as a Faculty Pioneer by the Aspen Institute.

Nottingham University Business School was recently ranked No1 in the UK and No12 globally in a survey of 600 full-time MBA programmes, called ‘Beyond Grey Pinstripes’. The biennial survey and ranking is run by the Aspen Institute, which looks for leaders for a sustainable society and environmental think-tank the World Resources Institute to spotlight innovative MBA programmes and staff. It awards those who it believes have been most successful in integrating issues of social and environmental stewardship into research and school curriculum.

Director of Nottingham University Business School Professor Alistair Bruce said: “I am thrilled. This honour reflects a tremendous contribution to the development of teaching and research in the area of corporate social responsibility. The vision, talent and energy of Jeremy and his team have positioned ICCSR as a global leader in an area of huge contemporary significance.”

Called an “exceptional scholar and an excellent teacher” by the Institute, Professor Moon established the ICCSR and founded its MBA in Corporate Social Responsibility, which is currently the only one of its kind in the UK. Professor Moon was nominated by his peers and selected for the award by a panel of judges.

Miriam Zendle