The JD Set Unsigned

JD SetJack Daniel’s announces search for upcoming music talent in UK universities

A search is underway to find the best unsigned rock bands in UK universities. Now in its third year, The JD Set Unsigned gives university bands’ the chance to come to a secret location in London for a series of master classes with leading industry experts, dedicated intensive rehearsal time, culminating in a private showcase gig for invited guests and press. Taking place over an action-packed fortnight in February 2007, six bands will be selected from universities across the country this autumn, including The University of Nottingham.

There is a University Brand Manager working for Jack Daniel’s who is scouting for fresh and exciting talent at Nottingham university. They will be attending gigs and collecting demos to help choose the best bands to take part. Look out for events at your university, including the Jack Daniels Battle of the Bands night at The Ark on 30th November where Jack Daniel’s will be scouting for the next big thing.

JD Set 2Lucky bands chosen to take part in the JD Set Unsigned will get to share insider knowledge and develop a range of skills with key people in the music business; including everyone from music lawyers to agents; sound engineers to A&Rs and musicians in a signed band. A professional music photographer will capture the JD Set Unsigned experience with portfolio shots for each band’s future use. At the end of the two week program, the panel of experts will select one band to play support at a JD Set event – a totally once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Previous bands that have played at The JD Set include, among others; Maximo Park; Editors; Jet; Elbow; Turin Breaks; and British Sea Power.

The AutoDisko who took in the JD Set Unsigned last year said: “The JD Set Unsigned is without doubt the best thing The AutoDisko has been involved in. The people we met were fantastically helpful and really enthusiastic about our band. It isn’t easy being in an unsigned band trying to get signed, so the advice from people who are genuinely “in the know” was absolutely invaluable to us. The JD Set Unsigned has given The AutoDisko a new sense of enthusiasm and determination.”

As well as submitting demos to the University Brand Manager bands can also enter demos by calling 0800 694 4200. For more information visit www.thejdset.co.uk

For all press enquiries and additional information please contact
Antonia Redgrove (07774965035).

Know when to unplug. Please drink Jack Daniel’s responsibly.