Uni Campus Npowered

The Nationwide energy company npower have recently announced plans to stage their company games at our university.

The npower games will begin on the 7th of September, with the event finishing with a charity fun dash for Macmillan Cancer Support on the Sunday. In total, the weekend will stage sixteen events including; Netball, football (both 5-a-side and 11-a-side), Dragon Boating on our university lake, Badminton, Squash, Tennis, Running (5K, 10K and relay), Chess and Table Tennis. Our campus is well-equipped to hold all of these events, and this was undoubtedly a reason for the company choosing Nottingham to stage the games.

Zoe Eccleston, a physiotherapist for npower, told Impact that they chose Nottingham’s campus because of its excellent facilities, the onsite accommodation and its geographical location”. The whole idea of the games is to bring staff from across npower’s many office sites and power stations together in a fun event. Zoe commented that “the company has different business areas as well, so some staff talk by phone and e mail but never meet. We hope an event like this will help the teams work better together”. A highlight of the games will come on Saturday evening, when Britain’s five times Olympic gold medallist rower, Sir Steve Redgrave, will present awards to the winning teams. No doubt everyone will be trying their best to recruit Sir Steve’s services for the Dragon Boat race. Impact hopes all involved have a great weekend.

Gemma Casey