Froch one fight from Calzaghe

Carl Froch is set to do battle again at Nottingham Arena on Saturday 29th March 2008.
The WBC super-middleweight world title final eliminator will see ‘The Cobra’ take on the unbeaten and highly-ranked Russian Denis Inkin.

The Arena has become Froch’s home venue over the last few years and this fight is being broadcast live on ITV1.

British champion and WBC number one challenger, Froch is undefeated in 22 fights and has won 18 by way of knockout. WBC international champion, Inkin is also undefeated in 32 fights and has won 24 by knockout.

The winner of the contest will be mandatory challenger to Joe Calzaghe for the WBC world super-middleweight crown.

Carl Froch said: “This is the toughest fight of my life: I have a lot of respect for Denis Inkin as he beat me as an amateur in an England v Russia international in 1999.

“His record speaks for itself and we are the number one and two in our division, so it’s a shoot out for the chance to become the next WBC champion of the world.”

Mick Hennessy said: “I am extremely proud to be putting this fantastic boxing event together in front of Carl’s excellent home town support”.

“This is not only a special night for British sport, it’s also a very special night for Nottingham which has never had a genuine elite world Champion.

“The WBC is the organisation that has awarded belts to fighting greats like Muhammad Ali, Sugar Ray Leonard and Marvin Hagler – now Nottingham is on the verge of having its very own WBC champion”.

The fight will be broadcast on ITV1, live from the Nottingham Arena, with further fights from the under-card broadcast on ITV4. Coverage will also be simulcast on ITV.com

Tickets go on sale at 5pm on Friday 8th February and priced between £30 and £150 (plus booking fee).
You can book through the 24hr Ticket Hotline on 0870 121 0123 or log onto our website www.nottingham-arena.com. You can also call in to the Nottingham Arena Box Office, Bolero Square, The Lace Market, Nottingham.

If you fancy watching the show in style you can buy Premium Tickets by calling 0115 853 3008 or for groups of 10 or more call the Group Booking Line on 0115 853 3095.