Nottingham Make History with day of Sport

Rugby Union and football will go back-to-back for the first time at Meadow Lane this Saturday as Notts County FC and Nottingham Rugby Club play on the same pitch on the same day.

Nottingham Rugby, who are enjoying a fantastic season in National League 1, have drawn Launceston in the quarter-final of the EDF Energy National Trophy, and the Cornish All Blacks took advantage of a cup ruling to request a Saturday game.

The rugby club share Meadow Lane with Notts County, who are playing Bradford in League Two at 15:00, but the Magpies have agreed to there being two games on the pitch in one day, with NRC playing at 19:45.

Nottingham skipper Craig Hammond said: “This is a fantastic day for sport in Nottingham and a real show case for Meadow Lane.
“Hopefully we will get a big crowd for the game which will help give us that extra push towards a Twickenham final.”

It promises to be a memorable day of sporting action, and as a special offer to Notts County fans, anyone who shows their season ticket or match stub for the Bradford game will be able to buy a rugby ticket for just £1.

Nottingham are flying high in National League 1, and have lost just one game since the start of December, a run that includes seven consecutive victories and a 100% home record, something they are keen to maintain against Launceston.
Glenn Delaney, Nottingham director of rugby added: “Notts County have been very accommodating towards us playing on Saturday and as a club we are very grateful.

“There was no way we wanted to give up home advantage for the cup game based on a cup ruling that states the away side can request that the game is played on the Saturday.

” Meadow Lane is a fortress for us and in the cup you need all the help you can get.
“I would like to personally thank all the staff at Notts County for making the game happen.”

To take advantage of the special £1 ticket offer, simply bring your ticket from the football along with you.

For more information contact; [email protected] or visit www.nottinghamrugby.co.uk