A Night Less Ordinary: Free Theatre tickets!

Are you looking for a night less ordinary? Arts Council England and the Metro newspaper are working together to provide free theatre tickets for those aged under 26. The aim of the scheme is to attract young people to the theatre to enjoy a form of live entertainment which may otherwise be inaccessible due to the price of tickets. The initiative, which opened on February 16th, has already promised a remarkable 500,000 free seats through the scheme, which will run until 2011.

Over two hundred venues around the country are involved with the scheme, such as the Barbican and the Novello Theatre – where the Royal Shakespeare Company is based for a season. The Nottingham Playhouse is also participating, and is offering free tickets for all their latest performances such as ‘Garage Band’, featuring music from The Ramones and The Clash (which begins on the 5th June) – and during the first year of the scheme, the Playhouse will be giving away 3000 tickets.

A night less ordinary will be particularly useful for students craving a free night out! So before you go and buy your theatre tickets, check out this website to find out if you can grab some tickets for free instead: http://www.anightlessordinary.org.uk/

Rebecca Newbery