Floor Fillers and Dubplate Killers

James Zabiela @ Stealth

Regarded as one of the pioneers of modern techno, Zabiela effectively entertained the crowd with a set that mixed a variety of minimal, tech-trance and techno-house. Zabiela’s special atmosphere is in part due to his finesse behind the decks, but equally due to the beauty that is techno music.

Mowgli @ Stealth

Mowgli provided stealth with a mix of electro and house, along with some wobbly baselines, and certainly did not disappoint. Playing a well-balanced set of well known remixes with rare samples, Mowgli’s notoriety is clearly justified and he’s sure to be a welcome return in the future.

Nathan Fake @ Wigflex

Fake isn’t for everyone, but for those who know and love him, this was Fake at his best. Fusing music reminiscent of everything from Boards of Canada to Mathew Jonson, Fake’s style is close-on genius and is definitely one to be remembered.

Utah Jazz @ Dogma

As the name suggests, Utah Jazz represents the funkier side of D&B’s spectrum. However don’t think this robs his sets of their energy. An accomplished performance supported by ice-cool MC Ruthless, with a good balance of catchy liquid sing-alongs and deeper bass driven grooves.

Kenny Ken @ Detonate

Jungle sets are few and far between these days, but absence makes the heart grow fonder. And who better to take us back to the old school, back to our roots than this pillar of the 90’s jungle scene. Churning out anthem after anthem, even ageing veterans at the back were twisting one out!

Skream @ Detonate

Skream is one of the daddies of dubstep and it’s good to see his pioneering spirit hasn’t faded with success. Delivering a healthy dose of bass heavy crowd-pleasers but also several more nuanced exploratory numbers, it’s nice to see some finesse within dubstep to make up for the brashness of Caspa & Rusko.

Angus Drummond & Edd Gent

GigsMusic