It’s the middle of the week and you’re sick of choosing between the pizza and chips at the cafeteria or the sandwiches in the Meal Deal. It’s time for homemade food. As you don’t have friends coming over to eat every day you can’t really be bothered cooking for four or six people, as most recipes you come across suggest. This recipe won’t take you more than 20 minutes, and don’t let the mention of salmon put you off – it won’t cost more than £2.50.
Half a pack of Gnocchi (64p – Sainsbury’s fresh Gnocchi 500g £1.29)
60g of smoked salmon (£1.29 – Sainsbury’s smoked salmon 60g)
75ml of single cream (20p – Sainsbury’s 150ml single cream 40p)
20g of parmesan (33p – Sainsbury’s fresh grated Parmigiano Reggiano 60g, £1)
Salt and pepper
1) Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
2) In the meantime, in a saucepan, bring water to the boil and add the gnocchi. Cook following time instructions on the pack (usually about 3 mins). Then, drain the gnocchi and place them into an oven dish.
3) Cut the smoked salmon into strips and toss with the gnocchi. Add the single cream and half the portion of parmesan.
4) Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5) Top the whole with the rest of the parmesan and bake for about 10 minutes until golden.
Extra tip: for extra taste, sprinkle with a few drops of lemon juice when seasoning – enjoy!