Preview and Competiton – MIXMAG TOUR 2009

Nottingham, get excited: you’re to be treated to an electronic extravaganza courtesy of world renowned dance music magazine Mixmag as part of their UK tour. Of course, it’s the world’s biggest dance tour and, of course, Stealth will be decked out with the most impressive production and, of course, it will be soundtracked by the best party starting talents of 2009…

Radio 1’s new music guru and taste making sensation Zane Lowe headlines with his mix tape style mash ups of all things electronic, fellow Radio 1er Kissy Sellout blows some horns, spins back some wax and drops anything that’ll have you punching the air and moving your feet, whilst Evil Nine will toughen things up with some crunchy breaks, house and tech of the sort that have made them scene maestros.  Jack Beats is also on hand to smash his way through his own rasping, maximalist house productions and the wonky, razor synthed music of his peers, all night long.

On a live tip, Crystal Fighters marry melodic pop with folky guitars and heavy club bass with style and panache.  Then another act which is as much a visual as audio showcase are DJ Fu & The Jungle Drummer who work the decks like few others in d&b can, whilst IAM ONE will unite the floor with their propulsive tech house and Jaymo & Andy George lay down anything from 2 step to house, indie to punk – tunes as played by them on their regular Radio 1 slot.

All in all a varied and energetic line-up of artists ready to send out sonic tsunamis across the whole of Nottingham from the darkened disco box that is the cities best club, Stealth. Get on board!

For your chance to win 4 VIP tickets to the MixMag tour @ Stealth on November 13th, plus loads of Mixmag merchandise, simply answer the following question-    

What is Kissy Sell Out’s real name?

Send your answers to [email protected] by the 11th November.

Good luck!

GigsMusic