Bicky gets a First

It appears that Will Bickford-Smith’s bold American Elections style campaign image has paid off, as ‘Bicky’ has been elected as the next Education Students’ Union Executive Officer. Throughout the campaign Bicky was frequently one of the most noticeable candidates out campaigning, and this has been reflected in the vote.

Bicky’s pledges to get the University back up the league tables and improving the library facilities were evidently well liked by voters and his experience in Politics Society and as Vice-Chair of the Students’ Union Council will have worked in his favour when garnering votes. Like many of the other candidates, his strong stance against the rise of top-up fees will have been popular with students.

He told Impact that he was “over the moon” to get the victory, adding that he “genuinely thought” he wouldn’t attain the victory. What’s he going to do now? “I’ll be going to bed and eating non-processed food”, he said.

Despite stiff competition from many of the other candidates in what has been a tough and close election, Bicky has earned the support of the student population. Now it remains to be seen if his ambitious projects can take the University of Nottingham back up to top of the class.

• No Cap