Music

Impact Introduces… Part One

Nahla Rae – The new soulful singing sensation emerging from Nottingham University is the beautiful voice of 21 year old Nahla Rae. From the time she could talk, the singer songwriter was singing in the shadow of her musical parents whilst they toured Asia. Inspiration came from her mother’s Filipino singing roots and songwriters like Nina Simone, and she began to convert her poetry to songs at the age of 15 after meeting Jamie Cullum. With just a piano and life to inspire her, she has written and produced a collection of love songs for YouTube which were professionally completed over the summer.

Gallery 47 – Describing his music as ‘teriffic’, BBC 6 music DJ Tom Robinson isn’t the only one getting excited by Gallery 47. With plenty of shows under his belt and many more to come, Gallery 47 is quite the professional despite his tender years at just 20 years old. Real name Jack Peachey, a 3rd year Nottingham English student; Gallery 47 has developed the skills of a supreme wordsmith with songs so spellbinding that they’ll leave you aching for more. Check out mysace.com/gallery47 to see what we mean!

RaveSoc – A relatively new society at just 3 years old, RaveSoc aims to create a clubbing community for all those with a passion for electronic music, It brings together people that love all aspects of the electronic scene, from raw French Electro to the depths of Chilean minimal techno. RaveSoc is the ticket to discovering the underground and alternative side of Nottingham’s nightlife as well as heading further afield to party at the likes of The Warehouse Project in Manchester. In short it’s the place to meet likeminded people, go on amazing socials and, of course, RAVE! Check them out at Freshers’ Fair.

Music