Blog

Sam Le Pard Pounces into the Exec

Sam Le Pard has been elected Finance and Services Officer, emerging victorious from one of the strongest groups of candidates in the SU Elections this year.

Le Pard demonstrated at Candidate Question Times that he is very in touch with financial matters, nationally and at the University. He told Impact that he was aware of the challenges facing the role (namely financial pressure from the government) and said that the economic situation would be a good opportunity to work and think in new ways. Sam told Impact ”i’ve never put more into anything in my life” and that he’d been surviving on ”four hours sleep a night” during the campaign!

He claimed that he had been working since September to perfect his policies, which aim to represent students and improve SU services. One of his most appealing pledges is an online ticketing system for all SU events such as Week One and Varsity, so that students don’t miss out if they “miss a Rep or don’t have the change”.

Like his competitors Rob Hudson and Phil Geller, Le Pard argued that the Den had been mismanaged for too long, and that he wanted to work with students to find out their opinions on its future. He has also proposed a review of Mooch to see whether people are interested in healthier food, cheaper drinks or more live events.

He will perhaps have most difficulty with the big decisions such as how to reallocate funds for different clubs & societies fairly, but has a wealth of experience to draw on from his time at University, including: JCR Treasurer, Week One Rep, Week One Exec Treasurer, History Society Treasurer and AU Finance Officer.

BlogElections
  • anon