Nottingham Forest Blog

All Change at Nottingham Forest

A new chairman and a new manager have arrived at the City Ground and face their first test on Saturday against Coventry City.

There has been much speculation regarding the new Forest manager, following the premature departure of former England boss Steve McClaren. The club have now announced that Portsmouth Manager Steve Cotterill will take over with the aim of rectifying the club’s league position.

Cotterill is looking to get the team playing fast, flowing football and will be hoping to get the backing of the board when it comes to transfer policy. His record at Notts County in 2010 speaks for itself. 14 wins in 18 matches is a magnificent achievement and he will be looking to repeat it south of the Trent. Roy Keane, Martin O’Neil and John Pemberton were all linked to the job over the last two weeks.
Former Forest player and Manager Frank Clark has arrived as the new Chairman, replacing the club’s owner Nigel Doughty after his decade-long reign at the helm of the club. He was part of the team which won the European Cup in 1979 and succeeded the great Brian Clough as manager of the Reds in 1993.

It will be interesting to see if Clark chooses to abandon the restrictive Transfer Acquisitions Panel which has done the club more harm than good in the past few years and caused tension between board and manager for the last five years. If he does choose to abandon the policy, Cotterill will be looking to take full advantage of the January transfer window and bring in some big names for a late push up the table.

Ollie Barnes

Nottingham Forest BlogSport