Creative Writing Competition

Do you fancy seeing yourself in print? This winter, Impact Arts is running a creative writing competition. The winner(s) will be published in the first issue of 2012 in January and the runnners up will be featured on the website.

Subject matter/Theme:

“Never are voices so beautiful as on a winter’s evening”—Virginia Woolf

Winter is Impact Arts‘ favourite season so we would like the theme to encapsulate the winter spirit. You can write about seasonal festivities:  Christmas, New Year, Hannukah, or even the snow (or the lack of it)! It can be as overtly or unwittingly wintry as you like whether you love the ‘season of goodwill’ or are more of an Ebenezer Scrooge and feel a winter based murder mystery is more your cup of tea, don’t hold back!

Your entry can be a short story, a poem or maybe even a script. The word limit is 1300 words and the entry deadline is Friday 16th of December. Email your entry to [email protected]  from your University email account with ‘Creative Writing Competition’ in the subject field. Good luck!

Terms and conditions: The competition closes at Midnight on Friday 16th of December. The winner will be announced in the January issue 214 in 2012 and contacted by email. Although there is no minimum word count there is a maximum word limit of 1300 words. The prize is all that is listed above; there is no alternative.  Impact reserves the right to make any alterations to the above. 

ArtsCreative CornerLead articles