Impact’s Spring Gig Guide

Saturday, March 24th: University Philharmonia Orchestra and Choir @ Albert Hall, Nottingham

University orchestra and choir combine forces to perform Mahler’s epic second symphony. This very special concert requires enormous orchestral and choral forces and will bring together current students and alumni.

Saturday, 28th April:  Ladyhawke @ Rescue Rooms

The multi-talented Kiwi singer-songwriter Ladyhawke is making bigger and bigger waves with her brand of effortlessly catchy electro-pop. Her live show is bursting with energy and is filled with an upbeat sound reminiscent of the likes of La Roux and The Rapture.

Sunday, 6th May: Detonate Indoor Festival 2012 @ Rock City , Rescue Rooms, Stealth & The Forum

As the biggest night on the calendar for the dub-step/ drum and bass collective in Nottingham, this show is invariably an orgy of beats and bass like no other. With a line up offering the best in the industry and almost too much to choose from, tickets are sure to be in high demand.

Tuesday, 8th May: Tribes

With rumours of Hollywood girlfriends and the typical antics of an indie rock band hailing from Camden, Tribes are certainly not breaking any stereotypes. However, their debut album ‘Baby’ is a quality record and this is a chance to see the band at a small venue before they inevitably move on to bigger and better things.

Saturday, May 12th: ‘John Williams Blockbusters’ @ Theatre Royal, Nottingham,

World-renowned City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra plays a blockbuster concert of John Williams’ very greatest themes, including music from Star Wars, Harry Potter and Jaws. Apply for a free ‘Go Classics’ card and go for just £5!

Sunday, June 3rd: Dot to Dot festival @ various venues around Nottingham

Line up will be announced soon, but with previous guests such Wild Beasts, Ed Sheeran and We Are Scientists, we are sure that this year, it will continue to be a fantastic and varied event. Get your early bird tickets online now for £20.

Sunday, June 10th: Green Festival @ Arboretum Park, Nottingham

Immersing guests in a wholly natural atmosphere of live music and dance, re-cycled arts and Organic and natural food, this festival is the perfect way to celebrate the end of exams – and it’s free!

Rebecca Hutter and Jack Gilbert 

GigsMusic