These lemon cheesecakes are super easy to make! You don’t need many ingredients and they are really quick to prepare. I got the recipe from my mum as she had recently made them with the local Brownies. They simplified the recipe even further by using a whole digestive biscuit for the base. If you are attempting to make these in the small kitchen of a catered hall, you may also find it easier to use whole biscuits.
Although the original recipe claimed it made 6 cheesecakes we found that it actually made enough topping for 12 without any problems. So I guess you’d just have to eat two cheesecakes each instead… what a shame. I know that you could simply halve the recipe but trust me you won’t want to do that as they are really moreish!
12 digestive biscuits
50g butter (not needed if the biscuits are left whole)
250g mascarpone cheese
6 tablespoons lemon curd
1 tablespoon lemon juice
120 ml double cream
1. Put the biscuits in a strong plastic bag and crush into crumbs (if you don’t have space in the fridge you can leave the biscuits whole).
2. Melt the butter and stir in the crumbs.
3. Divide this mixture into muffin cases and press the crumbs down firmly. Place into the fridge.
4. Beat the double cream until it forms soft peaks.
5. Mix in the mascarpone cheese, lemon curd and lemon juice.
6. Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases.
Now all you have to do is tuck in and enjoy these yummy little treats! Just remember though that should you have any leftovers (though let’s be honest, this is unlikely) to store them in the fridge.