Trailer Watch – 19/10/2012

This week’s instalment of Trailer Watch sees new footage from Jack Reacher, Life of Pi, Carrie and the upcoming 007 outing, Skyfall

Jack Reacher

In this second trailer for the Tom Cruise vehicle, Jack Reacher, an adaptation of Lee Child’s popular novel series, we finally get a look at the villain played by Werner Herzog (yes, you read that correctly). Formerly titled One Shot, this big screen debut sees the ex-military policeman fighting to prove a suspect’s innocence after he is arrested for killing five people with six bullets. Jack Reacher will be released on 26th December.

Carrie

Stephen King fans may either rejoice or be horrified as the first teaser clip from next year’s remake of the 1970’s horror classic, Carrie, has been released. Chloe Grace Moretz stars as the titular teenager with more than a few troubles with her classmates and her overbearing, fundamentalist mother (played by Julianne Moore). It doesn’t reveal much, but at least the teaser promises it’ll be bloody. Carrie will be released on 5th April 2013.

Life of Pi

Ang Lee directs this highly-anticipated adaptation of Yann Martel’s novel, in which a young Indian boy is shipwrecked in the middle of the Pacific ocean with a tiger, zebra, orangutan, hyena and, apparently, a whole lot of flying fish. Life of Pi will be released on 20th December.

Skyfall

Next Friday will mark the release of Skyfall, James Bond’s 23rd outing. In this final trailer, we get a few brief glances at some unseen footage, but the main addition is that of the MI6 agent’s classic introduction. With Sam Mendes (American Beauty) at the helm, as well as an all-star cast that includes returners Daniel Craig and Judi Dench and newcomers Javier Bardem, Ralph Fiennes, Ben Whishaw and Naomie Harris, Skyfall is already whipping up a storm amongst the critics. It’ll be with us on the 26th. I doubt you’ll want to be anywhere else. Especially not Ocean.

Josh Franks

Film & TVTrailers
  • Bane
    20 October 2012 at 14:42