Trailer Watch – 26/10/2012

A whole bunch of new footage  from upcoming films in this week’s edition of Trailer Watch. Not only do we have the first full-length trailer for Iron Man 3, but trailers for A Good Day To Die Hard, Django Unchained and the Evil Dead remake.

Iron Man 3

It may seem a little early, what with Iron Man 3 not being released until 26th April of next year, but this clip should certainly whet your appetites. This third instalment picks up right where The Avengers left off, and Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) is in a bad way since he and his super friends last saved the world. Now, someone’s out to bring down his empire  and Ol’ Tone will have to fight his most fearsome enemy yet, The Mandarin (Ben Kingsley). Returning stars include Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle and Jon Favreau, and they’ll be joined by newcomers Rebecca Hall and (my favourite actor) Guy Pearce.

A Good Day To Die Hard

Yippee-kay-yay, Mother Russia! That’s right, Bruce Willis is back as John McClane in this fourth Die Hard sequel. This time around, the troublesome New York cop is headed to Russia to help bail his son Jack (Jai Courtney) out of trouble with some nasty mob types, but of course he gets caught in the crossfire. In this trailer we get a glimpse of some of the hi-octane set pieces and proof that his daughter Lucy (Mary Elizabeth Winstead) will be making a brief appearance. A Good Day To Die Hard will be released on Valentine’s Day 2013.

Django Unchained

If you haven’t heard about Quentin Tarantino’s Django Unchained yet, you clearly haven’t been paying attention to Trailer Watch. QT’s long-awaited follow-up to Inglourious Basterds sees a freed slave take up bounty hunting for the sake of rescuing his wife from the clutches of an evil plantation owner. Stars include Jamie Foxx, Christoph Waltz, Leonardo DiCaprio, Samuel L. Jackson and Kerry Washington. It’ll be released on 18th January 2013.

Evil Dead

Sometimes I wonder if there’s anything sacred left in Hollywood. Horror fans out there, particularly of the original and brilliant Evil Dead trilogy are probably all shaking their heads in unison at this trailer. Nonetheless, in the wake of the Carrie remake teaser last week, we now have the first full red band (read: gory as hell – you’ve been warned) footage  for the upcoming remake. The plot seems similar to the original, in that a group of teens go to an abandoned cabin for the weekend, only to read an ancient tome that awakens an army of the walking dead. It looks like they’ve substituted the humour of the original with an out-and-out gorefest here. Evil Dead stars Jane Levy and will be released on 12th April 2013.

Josh Franks

Film & TVTrailers