Trailer Watch – 09/11/2012

After a week off due to being terribly busy at Mayhem Horror Film Festival (check out our coverage here), Impact is back with a new edition of Trailer Watch. This week we have brand new footage from World War Z, The Last Stand and Les Miserables.

World War Z

Marc Forster (Quantum of Solace) directs this much-publicised adaptation of the successful post-apocalyptic horror novel. Brad Pitt stars as a UN employee charged with traveling the world to find a cure for a zombie pandemic that has ravaged the world and its population. World War Z has already gone through delays, rewrites and reshoots since it began filming in 2011, but it’s finally on its way and will hopefully be with us on 21st June 2013.

The Last Stand

Forget The Expendables 2, this is Arnold Schwarzenegger’s comeback. The Last Stand sees the ageing action star playing Ray Owens, sheriff to a sleepy border town. When a notorious Mexican drug kingpin escapes FBI custody and is heading straight for south of the border, Owens and his ragtag fellow cops are the only thing standing in his way. Forest Whitaker also stars, along with Johnny Knoxville and Community hero Luis Guzman. The Last Stand will be released on 25th January 2013.

Les Miserables

Grab your tissues, because this one could be a tearjerker. Tom Hooper (The King’s Speech) brings the timeless musical adaptation of Victor Hugo’s novel to the big screen, with an ensemble cast featuring the likes of Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, Anne Hathaway, Eddie Redmayne, Amanda Seyfried and Helena Bonham Carter. Focusing on finding the balance between vocal prowess and acting ability rather than a ‘who’s the best singer’ contest, Les Miserables features only live takes from the actors (as opposed to pre-recordings) to give it that extra visceral feel. It’ll be released on 11th January 2013 – keep an eye for it during Oscar season.

Josh Franks

Film & TVTrailers