Trailer Watch – 30/11/2012

It was slim pickings last week for Trailer Watch, but today we’re back with brand new footage from Zero Dark Thirty, Django Unchained, Pacific Rim and This Is 40.

Zero Dark Thirty

After a very promising trailer in October, this first TV spot for Kathryn Bigelow’s Zero Dark Thirty gives a brief but intriguing glimpse into some of the more explosive and tense moments from the upcoming action thriller. Many will remember Bigelow from her previous Oscar-winning war film The Hurt Locker. She returns now with a project of a similar theme, but focusing on the US government’s ten year manhunt for Osama Bin Laden. Already getting rave reviews overseas and pips for Oscar noms, Zero Dark Thirty stars Jessica Chastain, Joel Edgerton, Chris Pratt and Mark Strong. It’ll be released on 25th January 2013.

Django Unchained

We’ve already had a couple of trailers for Quentin Tarantino’s Django Unchained, but this final one may well be the best yet. Not only do we get more guns and Leonardo DiCaprio, but we finally get to hear the famous Django theme. For the uninitiated, it stars Jamie Foxx as the titular slave-turned-bounty hunter out to rescue his wife from the clutches of DiCaprio’s nefarious francophile, Calvin Candie. Django Unchained also stars, Christoph Waltz, Samuel L. Jackson, Kerry Washington and many more. It’ll be unleashed on 18th January 2013.

Pacific Rim

Pacific Rim is the new sci-fi action epic from Guillermo del Toro (Pan’s Labyrinth). I’m a little ambivalent about this one, as the idea of giant walking robots controlled by humans used to defeat monstrous creatures from the sea seems a little Godzilla meets Transformers, but I suppose del Toro does have quite the reputation preceding him. This viral video shows the world being ravaged by said monsters, reportedly over 300ft tall known and as Kaiju, via a news broadcast. Pacific Rim stars Idris Elba, Charlie Hunnam, Charlie Day and Ron Perlman, and will be released on 12th July 2013.

This Is 40

This Is 40 is the sort-of sequel to Judd Apatow’s 2007 comedy hit, Knocked Up. It sees dysfunctional married couple Pete and Debbie (played by Paul Rudd and Leslie Mann) returning and ready to face that big milestone of turning 40 years old, but not without going a little insane along the way. This clip focuses on their new young nanny played by Megan Fox and how her presence will affect the dynamics of their relationship. This Is 40 also stars Jason Segel, Melissa McCarthy, Chris O’Dowd, Albert Brooks and John Lithgow. It’ll be released on 14th February 2013 – expect more than a few heartwarming laughs.

Josh Franks

Film & TVTrailers