Style

London Fashion Week: Mulberry A/W 2013

Woven within a ‘fern gully’ like forest, the mulberry set was adorned with gigantic daisies, dangling mulberries and vines that wove around the entrance of the catwalk. This was a show that highlighted the transition from autumn to winter and did so through an ultraviolet vision. The Frow was scattered with the likes of Lana Del Ray, Alexa Chung, Juno Temple and Anna Wintour and, as an electric track filled the room, the show began. 

Nudes, jewelled emeralds, deep navy, raven blacks and maroon colours filled the room,  but it was the textures that made the show. High necked jackets with shortened puffed sleeves in navy dogtooth and black leather ran throughout, presenting just how versatile the Mulberry girl is. Clashing prints and dogtooth patterns came together with pleated skirts and leather to give a new element of construction. Paired with doctor’s bags in navy and brown, accessories also came in furred collars, chunky loafer styled high heels, long dark leather gloves and a rather adorable black poodle dressed in an autumnal dogtooth coat.

Afterwards came nudes, pastel pinks and simple crème trouser suits that looked chic and effortless paired with long structured coats and small matching bags. A contrast came in a jewelled green suit that had a simple and small snake like pattern, as well as a black fur skirt, paired with a leather jacket.

The next surprise? Sequined dresses that continued the dogtooth pattern at the bottom and left it scattered as it grew towards the top of the dress.  A very silky maroon suit, peplum styled jackets in leather and knit took to the catwalk, completing the show with a lacy dress and Cara Delevinge. An outstanding show from Mulberry finished with a cheerful Emma Hill who truly showed the rest of the fashion world how it is done in London.

Jessica Roseblade 

Style