Weekly Wednesday What’s On Guide: Wednesday 23rd October 2013

Welcome to our Weekly Wednesday What’s On Guide.

After each weekly Arts meeting the Arts Team will be compiling a list of their top Arts events of the past week and what to look out for over the next week!

Hot Arts News:

The Austen Project – six well-loved authors (including ) will be re-writing Jane Austen’s works. This month sees the launch of the project with Joanna Trollope’s reworking of ‘Sense and Sensibility’. http://theaustenproject.com/

Tonight the Nottingham New Theatre’s first In-House show – ‘The Pitchfork Disney’ – opens. But tickets for the first performance have sold out. Tickets may be available on the door to early birds. www.newtheatre.org.uk

The Booksellers Association is considering an industry initiative to prevent explicit self-published e-books becoming available on mainstream retailers’ websites.

The Turner Prize exhibition, has opened to the general public in Northern Ireland. It is the first time the exhibition has been held outside England.

Medic Musical – Nottingham’s Fourth Year Medical Students musical event of the year! ‘Guys and Dolls’ makes a dazzling opening tomorrow!

What’s Coming Up: 

To Watch  

The Pitchfork Disney @ Nottingham New Theatre: Wednesday 23rd – Saturday 26th October

Milton Jones: On The Road @ Theatre Royal Concert Hall: Thursday 24th October

Chin Chin @ Theatre Royal: Monday 28th October – Saturday 2nd November

Richard III @ Nottingham Playhouse: Friday 25th October – Saturday 16th November

Guys and Dolls @ Nottingham Arts Theatre: Thursday 24th – Saturday 26th October

To Do:

Big Draw @ Lakeside Arts Centre: Saturday 26th

From Your Arts Team

If you are interested in contributing to the Arts section email [email protected] for more information on how to get involved.

ArtsExploring Arts