Beauty

Christmas Party Makeup: The 411

Christmas is a time of celebration, a time of festivities, a time of parties. Whether you’re raising a glass of mulled wine with your family, or dressing up for a hall formal, come Christmas it’s all about maximum glamour. Here are three, wearable but directional beauty trends, all twisting a classic look, but retaining an air of elegance.

Hot Lips

The keyword? Bold. The texture? Anything goes.

lips_Fotor

The keyword? Bold. The texture? Anything goes. The colour? Now this is the real treat of this beauty trend. In perfect correlation with A/W 2013’s rebellious attitude, this trend casts off conventional hues in favour of more unexpected shades. From intense burgundies (as seen on Jennifer Lawrence), to opulent plums (as seen at Dolce and Gabbana), this look focuses on dark alternatives to more classical colours, like pillar-box red. If you want to make the look even bolder, why not try a two tone lip? Start by using a lighter shade of your chosen colour and apply all over the lips. Then dab a deeper shade on to the centre of the lips and blend this outwards, to create a gradual ombre effect.

Into the Gloss

Whether you’re a gloss or matte girl, there is no doubt that this grungy smokey eye works for everyone.

sultry-smoke-at-tom-ford_GA_Fotor

Whether you’re a gloss or matte girl, there is no doubt that this grungy smokey eye works for everyone. Taking inspiration from Tom Ford, this worn-in, nineties-inspired eye make-up manages to still look glamorous for Christmas (come on, is there anything that isn’t glamorous about Tom Ford?). The best part about this look? You can completely make it your own because the devil is in the details. Apply a smokey eye in your usual way, applying kohl liner and smudging it as you go along-the messier the better. Then apply a very small amount of Vaseline onto the centre of your eyelid and rub in for a glossy, lived in effect. The key with the Vaseline is not to over apply, you want a subtle hint of shine, not a full-on oily lid.

Glitterbug

Don’t worry, this look can be achieved without fear of looking like a dancer in a Ke$ha video.

chanelglitz

Christmas and glitter. The two have become so synonymous that incorporating glitter into your wardrobe come Christmas time is hardly ground breaking. So the obvious next step would be to add glitter into your Christmas party makeup. Don’t worry, this can be achieved without fear of looking like a dancer in a Ke$ha video. The inspiration is Chanel’s sequin eyes, but a much more wearable variation. There are many ways that you can wear glitter on your eyes come Christmas, from the subtle to the all out. Try dusting a silver powder (the Barry M ones are great), in the outer corners of your eyelids, or lightly dip an eyeliner brush in the powder and trace along the lash line for a flash of shimmer.

Natasha Gregson

Follow Impact Style on Twitter or find us on Facebook

Images: IMAXTREE, look.co.uk

BeautyStyle