Style

Investment SOS: The White Tee

January, as we all know, is the month for fresh starts. Conscious attempts to do things differently are in full swing- whether it’s a lifestyle overhaul, a gym membership, a pledge to drink less or a resolution to get more sleep. With your mind and body in a state of detox after a week (or several) of over-indulgence and excess who’s to say that we can’t detoxify, revamp and make resolutions for our wardrobes and spending habits too?

It’s time to go back to basics for your wardrobe to make friends with the iconic white tee.

So with a pledge to spend more wisely and invest in ‘forever’ pieces it’s time to go back to basics for your wardrobe to make friends with the iconic white tee. Perfect for the upcoming seasonal changes and the transition from aw13 to ss14, this versatile piece of clean-cut, fuss-free goodness will be sure to see you through with ease as well as ramping up your style credentials.

‘Doing it like a dude’ has never been more appealing.

Thanks to Cara Delevingne, the baggy-trouser comeback (for which our full Christmas bellies are much appreciative) and Elliot Sailors, being a tomboy and ‘doing it like a dude’ has never been more appealing.  Take inspiration from the rugged Hollywood heartthrob James Dean and pair yours with rough denim, a bomber jacket and a dash of attitude. Engine oil and a heady musk – optional.

jamesdean_Fotor

Taking this look out for a spin in the prairies of Wyoming would be the icing on this sartorial cake.

If you fear you’ll end up blending in just a little bit too much at the Working Men’s Club and think opting for something a little softer and a little sexier is your best bet then look no further than Jennifer Aniston who has the all-American girl-next-door look down to a tee (no pun intended).  A tight white tee with low slung jeans or J-Brand style utility trousers, a peek of bronzed midriff, rolled up hems and newly revived Birkenstocks (take a look at Givenchy’s latest offering if you don’t believe me) will score highly in the comfort ratings as well as being sexy, timeless, and most definitely in vogue. Taking this look out for a spin in the prairies of Wyoming on a the back of a glossy chestnut mare with sun-bleached tousled waves, bare feet and a handsome cowboy included would be the icing on this sartorial cake. If, however, your sights are set on  Hallward rather than trans-Atlantic landscapes then rest assured that you’ll still be onto a fashionable winner.

jen_Fotor

For those of you whose wardrobes are more Palermo than Palomino, the ever versatile white tee classic can still work for you. As Heston Blumenthal has already proven in combining surprising flavours to create culinary marvels (think snail porridge and savoury ice-cream), mixing a touch of glam with the most basic of basics will create an outfit even more unexpected and mouth-wateringly delicious. Dig out the sparkly cocktail skirt from your work Christmas party, maxi evening-wear and that statement necklace from your jazzy New Year celebrations and wear with your white tee to see your clothes transformed from predictable to cutting edge.

Jordan Strauss

A wardrobe detox that will last much longer than all your other resolutions.

With every style tribe catered for there really is no excuse. Go and buy this beautifully unadulterated and effortlessly simple style masterpiece now and I promise it will not only be a regret-free purchase but a wardrobe detox that will last much longer than all your other resolutions.

Emma Willey

Follow Impact Style on Twitter and Facebook

Images: bragvintage.com, burstinstyle.blogspot.com, newsgab.com, ryanseacrest.com.

Style
  • jams roy
    27 January 2014 at 07:30