Music

FORGOTTEN CLASSIC: LINKIN PARK – HYBRID THEORY

It was announced on November 5th that Linkin Park would headline Download Festival 2014, performing their debut album, Hybrid Theory, as part of their set.

Hybrid Theory has everything you want as part of a Download Festival crowd; ‘Papercut’ is a great opening track to play when people are still at their energetic peak, before going straight into ‘One Step Closer’, the band’s debut single and the one likely to cause the most chaos.

‘With You’, is underrated, yet it’s one of the few songs from Hybrid Theory the band has continued to perform live. ‘Points of Authority’, ‘Crawling’ and ‘Runaway’ are slightly softer tracks which fit seamlessly together before kicking back into the heavier ‘By Myself’, and the band’s biggest hit ‘In The End’.

With all the singles out of the way, the original edition of the album has ‘A Place For My Head’, ‘Forgotten’, ‘Cure For The Itch’ and ‘Pushing Me Away’. ‘Cure For The Itch’ is the chilled-out instrumental song showing a different side to the band but it will be interesting to witness the crowd exodus after ‘Pushing Me Away’ to go catch other bands; Linkin Park will undoubtedly move straight into their less popular new material after playing Hybrid Theory.

Even now, Hybrid Theory stands up as a fine debut album, only let down by Linkin Park’s subsequent recorded efforts.

Blaine Marshall

For more from Impact Music, check us out on Facebook and Twitter

Image credited to metalhammer.co.uk

Music
  • u wot m8
    11 February 2014 at 16:28