Style

Fur Coats, Tea-Sets and Polkadots: Nottingham Does Vintage

Nottingham Does Vintage has always had a presence in Nottingham, so it was no surprise that the ‘Britain does Vintage’ organisation chose the city to host one of its exclusive traveling pop-up vintage fairs. After a day of tea, fur coats and record players, Impact Style showcases of the highlights from the event:

vintage1Taking place in the Nottingham Playhouse on the 15th of February, local traders and vintage enthusiasts had the opportunity to showcase a vast array of clothing, home wares and kitchenalia within a authentic setting- enhanced by live musician singing classic jazz and musical tunes, as well as a vintage hair and makeup artist providing vintage makeovers to fair-goers- and if you fancied a break from perusing the stalls you could refresh yourself with a treat from the vintage tea room.

_FotorThe fair itself had everything to offer: dresses, shoes, shirts, dress design kits, hats, jewelry and vintage inspired crafts; however amongst the extensive collections present were various stand out pieces, including an impressive selection of original leather satchels and totes, and even a vintage Mulberry, all priced between £30-100.

1957450_10152196063465630_321465741_n_FotorThe general feel of the fair seemed to allude to the upcoming spring season, featuring soft jumpers in pastel colours and silk blouses in a range of floral and polka prints.

vintage3Accompanying the clothes were several stalls and dressing tables laden with trinkets such as statement rings, delicate chain pendants and authentic miniature jewellery boxes and tea sets covered in beautiful, intricate designs. Attention to detail was replicated throughout the fair, with traders exhibiting their treasures on thoughtfully considered displays in keeping with the truly vintage vibe that the fair seemed to exude.

1961519_10152196061545630_211781008_n-2_FotorAll in all, Nottingham’s take on vintage was a great success- not only could you pick up some fabulous and affordable vintage buys, but also immerse yourself in a thoroughly vintage affair. If you missed the fair this time, keep an eye out for the next time crops up in Nottingham on the official website: britaindoesvintage.co.uk.

Words and Images: Tara Bell and Zoe Williamson

For more from Impact Style find us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.

Style