On The Passing of Bobbi Kristina Brown, Whitney Houston’s Daughter

Bobbi Kristina Brown, daughter of Whitney Houston, has sadly passed away. Her death was announced worldwide on Monday morning.

A representative for the Houston family, Kristen Foster, said: “Bobbi Kristina Brown passed away July, 26 2015, surrounded by her family. She is finally at peace in the arms of God. We want to again thank everyone for their tremendous amount of love and support during these last few months.”

The singer’s daughter had been in an induced coma since January after being found unresponsive in a bath – a death all too reminiscent of her mother’s.

Bobbi was the only daughter of Whitney Houston and Bobbi Brown and faced growing up amongst her parent’s publicity storm and the public atrocities of their marriage.

Shortly after Houston’s death, Bobbi told the world she wanted to carry on her mother’s legacy by following in her footsteps as a singer and an actress. But despite being a social media sensation, her appearances at many red carpet events, and being the kin of America’s beloved, her career never took off.

Understandably they were hard shoes to fill, as Whitney Houston was the winner of over 40 music awards, had numerous multi-platinum albums, and sold over 170 million records.

After Houston’s death, her daughter had to be hospitalised. Bobbi, then 18, spoke of her mother being her best friend so her death came as a major devastation. Hope came after her marriage to her former foster brother, Nick Gordon, but clearly it wasn’t enough to save her.

She passed away on Sunday.

Jessica Millott