Style

Style News – 13-17/07/2015

What the fashion world talked about this week:

SAM SMITH: BALENCIAGA

Sam-Smith-Balenciaga_Glamour_16July15_InstagramBalenciaga_b_426x639

Sam Smith reveals the first glimpse of his campaign for Balenciaga through his twitter account. Bearing the hashtag #BALXSAMSMITH the video shows the star emerging from a dark corner wearing a dapper suit and sporting his trademark quiff. Captioning the sneak peak clip ‘’You’ll be able to see my full FW15 @balenciaga Men’s campaign VERY soon… so happy xx #Balenciaga’’ Smith gets his 4.2 followers ready and strongly anticipating his new venture.

TORY BURCH WINS LAWSUIT

tburch_burch_v_26jan11_rex_b_320x480

Designer Tory Burch has been awarded $41.2 million after winning a trademark infringement lawsuit against Lin & J International Inc., where the designer successfully proved that the company had copied her trademarks and designs. The judgement, which was made by the US District Court on Friday, draws a line under a battle between the two brands that started in 2013.

LILY-ROSE DEPP FOR CHANEL

Lily-Rose-Depp-g2

Lily-Rose Depp, the daughter of stars Vanessa Paradis and Johnny Depp, has landed her first Chanel campaign. The 16-year-old stars in the fashion house’s new pearl eyewear campaign.

The news comes after Depp was seen in the Chanel Couture autumn/winter 2015 show that took place earlier this month, following in the footsteps of her model mother Vanessa Paradis, who has worked with the brand since 1990. Describing the move, Karl Lagerfeld said, “Lily-Rose is stunning, she’s a young girl from a new generation with all the qualities of a star.”

VIVIENNE WESTWOOD LAUNCHES SAVE THE ARCTIC CAMPAIGN

1548

Activist and designer Vivienne Westwood launches her campaign to save the Arctic, photographed by Andy Gotts the campaign shows over 50 celebrities wearing the save the Antarctic t-shirts design by Westwood. The celebrities ranging from Kate Moss to Dame Judy Dench all stand in protest bearing the designer’s t-shirts to support the cause.

KATY PERRY FOR H&M

aakaty-1-a

Katy Perry is the new face of H&M. The singer will star in the retailer’s forthcoming Christmas campaign. “H&M was one of the places where I first began cultivating my personal style” says Perry. “I have continued to love integrating H&M pieces into my wardrobe throughout the years. One of the reasons I love the holidays is being able to dress cosy and cute, which H&M executes so well for every budget. I can’t wait for you to see the world we created with Jonas Åkerlund and Dan Jackson”.

Perry joins an impressive line-up of high-profile names who have previously starred in H&M campaigns, from Lady Gaga and Beyoncé to Gisele Bundchen.

“We are so thrilled that Katy Perry will star in our campaign this holiday season,” says Pernilla Wohlfarht, H&M’s head of design. “We love everything about Katy, from her incredible talent and energy to her playful sense of personal style”.

Chanelle Olaleye 

Images: Vogue.co.uk, marieclaire.co.uk, glamourmagazine.co.uk, Harper’s Bazaar.co.uk

Follow Impact Style on TwitterFacebook and Instagram

StyleStyle News