Style

2015’s best dressed

At 00:00 on the 31st of December 2015, another fashionable year has come to a close. From crotchless pants to furry shoes – we have had it all. We seem to be over athleisure and although normcore is still going strong, we saw a lot of colour again. And with all that, 2015 has truly been a year to celebrate individual and unique style. This is reflected in Impact Style’s round up the best dressed of the year – from old to new, from simplistic to over the top: we love them all and celebrate the women and men that have inspired us not just with their style but with their persona and work – much like 2016’s Pirelli calendar (it even features some of the same women) we feel that style does not equate to wearing the newest trends but style is something that comes from within. So if you have to have a resolution for the upcoming year, let it be to dress a bit more like you, the same way all the people below dress like themselves, for themselves.

[row]

[column size=’1/2′]

[/column]

[column size=’1/2′]Iris Apfel

If there is ever someone I would give the title ‘Best Dressed’ to, it would be the amazing, the creative genius and the always bold and always bright Iris Apfel. She deserves this title every year, every day – forever.[/column]

[/row]

[row]

[column size=’1/2′]FKA Twigs[/column]

[column size=’1/2′]FKA Twigs

It seems almost impossible not to like Tahliah Debrett Barnett, aka FKA Twigs – she is a talented musician as well as dancer, utterly lovely and humble and sparks a certain kind of energy that seems destined for greatness. She also has managed to carve herself a niche not just in music but with her videos, her dance and her style – a combination of effortless cool and just weird enough to work.  [/column]

[/row]

[row]

[column size=’1/2′]

[/column]

[column size=’1/2′]Amy Schumer

I happen to find Amy Schumer funny, but even if you are of the rare breed who doesn’t, everyone should appreciate a woman who doesn’t feel the need to squeeze herself into a size 4 even if she loudly – ever so loudly, Lena – proclaims that she doesn’t care what size she is. Amy always looks fab in clothes that fit her and highlight the fabulous figure she has. Everyone should be a little bit more like Amy, and care a little less what number is printed on your label.[/column]

[/row]

[row]

[column size=’1/2′]Tavi Gevinson[/column]

[column size=’1/2′]Tavi Gevinson

When I was 13 I used her blog as a gospel, at 21 not much has changed but the platform she used to share her style and ideology. At 19, Tavi Gevinson has attended fashion weeks, is editor of Rookie Mag both online and in print, has stared in a Broadway show and has been featured in the 2016 Pirelli Calendar alongside some of the greatest women of our generation. She is a true inspirations, in style as well as life.[/column]

[/row]

[row]

[column size=’1/2′]Lucky Blue Smith[/column]

[column size=’1/2′]Lucky Blue Smith

There is something about the male model who seems to have it all. Lucky Blue Smith is busy at the moment, from his own surf-rock band to campaign contracts from the likes of Moncler and Tom Ford. His striking platinum hair, and piercing blue eyes are just one of the many assets that have made him the industry’s golden boy. He has charisma and style – and doesn’t seem to take his modelling too seriously to seem unlike-able.[/column]

[/row]

[row]

[column size=’1/2′]Sky Ferreira[/column]

[column size=’1/2′]Sky Ferreira

If I would ever call someone a hair-spiration, it would be Sky Ferreira. Rocking blue hair better than anyone I know, her Instagram – a combination of her professional model photos and candid shots – is a work of art that never quite allows you to be sure what her current hairstyle actually is.[/column]

[/row]

[row]

[column size=’1/2′]Shirin Neshat[/column]

[column size=’1/2′]Shirin Neshat

Another Pirelli featurist, this Iranian artist has been on my radar for a while. Known for her prints as well as films, addressing the lives of Muslim women in our contemporary world, she has made a true impact in the world of art. As most inspirational women do, Shirin Neshat has a powerful look, from her dramatic use of kayal to her big earrings and statement necklaces. Utterly captivating and instantly awe evoking.[/column]

[/row]

[row]

[column size=’1/2′]Fran Lebowitz[/column]

[column size=’1/2′]Fran Lebowitz

Who ever said same old same old gets boring? Fran Lebowitz has rocked her distinctive style for decades and goes to show that trends come and go but style stays a lifetime.

[/column]

[/row]

[row]

[column size=’1/2′]kylie jenner[/column]

[column size=’1/2′]Kylie Jenner

Love them or hate them, the Kardashian’s are the face of a significant portion of popular culture, which is why it’s inevitable that one of them would end up on our best dressed of the year list. Kylie Jenner, at only 18, has in some way probably had an impact on the majority of fashion or make-up choices for many teenagers this year, her Lip line ‘Lip Kit By Kylie Jenner’ sold out in a matter of minutes highlighting the vast audience interested in her products. However it doesn’t stop there, her fashion choices have received constant appraisal from both the fashion world and public opinion which is why she sits on this list.

[/column]

[/row]

[row]

[column size=’1/2′]alexa chung[/column]

[column size=’1/2′]Alexa Chung

Alexa Chung – would a fashion best dressed list seem appropriate without her? I think not. Alexa, a figure head at fashion week and other such events we all long to be invited to, is almost a fashion statement piece herself.  Never overly daring but always a slight step ahead, perhaps her best trait is consistently managing to pull off an effortless style, whilst presenting that no one else could look quite as good in this.

[/column]

[/row]

[row]

[column size=’1/2′]rihanna[/column]

[column size=’1/2′]Rihanna

Rihanna, RiRi, what ever the hell you want to call her, is a true style inspiration. She’s one of the rare few who can pull off anything, whether she’s rocking Haute Couture, oversized nineties bomber jackets, or a simplistic slip dress and her statement strappy sandals she has an enviable flair for always managing to make a look completely her own creation.

[/column]

[/row]

[row]

[column size=’1/2′]Zoey-Kravitz[/column]

[column size=’1/2′]Zoe Kravitz

Zoe Kravitz, perhaps widely known as the ridiculously cool daughter of Lenny Kravitz, is an essential to this list. You want to envy her, she’s an actress, a musician and girl knows how to Instagram! But her fashion style is all her own, shifting between grunge, rock and glam, a trait we simply just have to admire.

[/column]

[/row]

Chanelle Olaleye and Raphaela Ring

Image Credits: youtube/Movieclips Film Festivals & Indie Films – IRIS, Instagram/SkyFerreira, Flickr/Christopher Macsurak – Wikipedia Commons, WikiCommons/Bobo Boom, Instagram/TaviTulle, Flickr/Cameron Wittig, Instagram/Luckybsmith, Instagram/chungalexa, Instagram/badgalriri, Instagram/Kyliejenner, Instagram/zoeisabellakravitz

Follow Impact Style on TwitterFacebook and Instagram

Style