Caramel Swirled Double Chocolate Tart Recipe

Rich, sweet and chocolately, this dessert isn’t for the faint-hearted or those lacking a sweet-tooth. Combining a crunchy biscuit base, white chocolate centre, lashings of milk chocolate topping, and finished off with a generous drizzle of caramel, this tart is the perfect remedy for essay stress.

Ingredients

For the base:

• 250g digestive biscuits
  • 100g unsalted butter, melted
  • 50g sugar

For the filling:

• 300g milk chocolate
  • 120g white chocolate
  • Approx. 5 tsp caramel
  • 300ml single cream

Equipment

• 1 saucepan
  • 2 bowls (which will sit on the saucepan)
  • 1 ten-inch tart tin (one with a removable bottom is easier when serving)

Method

1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
  2. Crush the biscuits with a rolling pin (or in a food processor if you have one), and transfer the crumbs into a large mixing bowl. Add the melted butter and sugar, and mix until the biscuit becomes moist throughout.
  3. Pour the biscuit base into the tart tin and pat it down so that it evenly lines the bottom and sides of the tin. Place the base in the oven and bake it for 15 minutes, or until the biscuit begins to brown slightly. Then remove it from the oven.
  4. For your filling, break the milk chocolate into blocks and place in one bowl, and then break the white chocolate into blocks and place in another. Bring some water to the boil on the hob, and place the white chocolate over it, stirring until it melts. Once the white chocolate is melted, pour in 100ml of cream, and stir until it is fully combined. Next, melt the milk chocolate in the same way, and then pour in the rest of the cream. Mix until it is totally combined.
  5. Pour the white chocolate into the centre of the tart tin, and then quickly pour the milk chocolate on top. Once both are in the tart tin, drizzle several tablespoons worth of caramel on top of the tart.
  6. Place the tart in the fridge to set for at least two hours. When set, serve with a good dollop of double cream and extra caramel if you’re feeling very gluttonous.

Rhiannon Kavanagh

Image Credit: Rhiannon Kavanagh

Come follow us! Instagram: @impactmagfood, Twitter: @impactfood

FoodRecipes