0 December 18, 2015 14:16 by Isabel Jury
Perfect if you want something unhealthy without being overly sweet- it’s a good balance between sweet and salty and great with a cuppa!
For the base:
- 125g double chocolate Maryland cookies
- 30g mini pretzels (I used star-shaped ones for a more Christmassy feel)
- 75g melted butter
For the filling:
- Half a can of condensed milk (you can use the other half in Baileys Rocky Road, the recipe will be in the print issue)
- 25g butter
- 60g light brown sugar
- 240g crunchy peanut butter
For the topping:
- 100g dark chocolate
- 25g butter
- Line a springform cake tin (about 9 inches).
- Bash (or blend, if you have a blender) the cookies and pretzels until they are they are the size of breadcrumbs and mix with the melted butter.
- Spread this on the bottom of the tin to create an even base and refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Pre-heat your oven at 180 degrees.
- Heat the condensed milk, butter and sugar over medium heat, stirring continuously until it thickens.
- Mix in the peanut butter and spread on top of the cookie-pretzel base.
- Bake for approx. 15 mins and cool for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Take it out of the oven and pour the chocolate on top, making sure it is evenly spread.
- Decorate with leftover pretzels!
- Put it back in the fridge for a further two hours to let everything set.