2016: Hot Or Not – Deadpool

Let’s wave goodbye to 2015! Good times, bad times we’ve had them all – but you know what they say, as one door closes, another one opens. Over the coming month we’ll be bringing you a snapshot of everything 2016 has to offer – the good, the bad and the ugly. Hold on to your hats folks, it’s going to be a bumpy ride!

Deadpool: The first of the eight superhero films coming to the big screen this year. And perhaps the most exciting. With a superhero like no other at the centre, and an 18 rating, this could be one of the goriest, potty-mouthed and sexual superhero flicks we have ever seen.

The ‘merc with the mouth’ is a fan favourite from Marvel comics. Infamous for never being afraid of dropping the f-bomb (and worse), as well as being aware that he is in a comic (often breaking the fourth wall, talking directly to the reader). Deadpool is not a goodie two shoes Avenger or X-men, more of a badass anti-hero. This won’t be the first time that Deadpool has been on the big screen. An incarnation of the character was featured in the disastrous X men Origins: Wolverine. But the character was a bald headed freak with no mouth. Fans were outraged. This film, which will link in to Fox’s X-Men universe, will hopefully undo the damage done.

“Full of one liners, blood and swearing”

Ryan Reynolds, who both stars and is producer, has spoken many times about how much he wants a faithful adaptation of the beloved comic book character. And it looks like he has been successful. The Deadpool marketing campaign has been one of the best in a long time. Whether it’s Deadpool in a Xmas jumper or a poster that suggests this might be a romantic film (with a Valentine’s Day release date, why watch a rom-com?), it has been full of one liners, blood and swearing. The film looks sure to follow this up in spectacular style

Deadpool will be squeezing into spandex and kicking bad guy butt on the big screen February 12th.

Henry Stanley

Click here for more Film Reviews

Get in touch with us via Facebook and Twitter, or leave a comment below