Style

Best Dressed at the Grammy Awards

On 15th February, the Staples Centre in Los Angeles hosted the world’s most talented artists in the music industry. I am talking, of course, about the 58th Annual Grammy Awards. It was a night full of stunning collaborations and emotional acceptance speeches; the annual ceremony just gets better with each passing year and the styles adorned by those walking the red carpet were no different. Every guest came dressed to impress.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BB025wYjvKB/?taken-by=taylorswift&hl=en

Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez ditched the men and went with style to this year’s event. Attending as each other’s dates, both singers looked utterly gorgeous.

Taylor Swift was a burst of vibrancy on the red carpet, wearing a coral orange cropped top and fuchsia pink satin skirt, both Atelier Versace. The high slit of the skirt showed off her endless pins, whilst the cut of the top displayed her impressive abdominals. The ‘Bad Blood’ singer tied the outfit together with a white and multi-coloured diamond choker.

Swift’s date – Selena Gomez – looked equally the vision of glamour in a navy blue Calvin Klein dress. Gomez added diamond hooped earrings to complement the glitziness of the sequinned gown.

Tori Kelly looked just as divine as her performance with James Bay, in a green asymmetrical gown by Gaurie and Nanika. The singer styled the beautifully fitted dress with a white clutch and pale pink earrings; she looked absolutely stunning.

Lady Gaga channeled the late David Bowie in a custom Marc Jacobs coat, which was beautifully embroidered with red, black and white. The bright red hair and matching heels brought extra drama to the ensemble. The singer added further to the look with Lorraine Schwartz jewelry. One thing is for sure: Bowie would have been proud.

John Legend’s wife and expectant mother – Chrissy Teigen – looked angelic in a white Yousef Al-Jasmi gown with a jewel covered cape. Slicked-back hair, a white clutch and white diamond jewellery added touches of elegance to the presenter of ‘Lip-Sync Battle’s outfit.

Ellie Goulding was impeccably dressed in a blush pink Stella McCartney gown with beaded back. The English singer complemented the pastel colour of her dress with natural, fresh-faced make up and a simple white diamond necklace. Jimmy Choo heels served as the perfect finishing touch to the sensational look.

Star of The Big Bang Theory – Kaley Cuoco – proved that a gown is not necessary in order to achieve a feminine and graceful look. The actress looked amazing in a white and silver sequinned jumpsuit by Naeem Khan. The neutral clutch, by Rauwolf, perfectly accompanied the overall ensemble.

Joanna Grimwood

Image Credits: taylorswift via Instagram, torikelly via Instagram, chrissyteigen via Instagram, 

Follow Impact Style on TwitterFacebook and Instagram

Style