Fashion Week

New York Fashion Week: The Look For Less

With Fashion Month is in full swing, Impact Style will be bringing you the best looks from each of the 4 cities for Autumn Winter 2015/16. But here’s the best bit: we’ve trailed the high street to get ahead of the trends and let you know what’s available now and will last you through the next couple of seasons. That’s what I call student friendly fashion. 

Rodarte / &Other Stories

rodarte earring piece vogue hibiscus earrings other stories 35

Florals never seem to disappear but Rodarte’s exaggerated orchid ear pieces and medieval style laurel wreaths were a fresh take on never ending summers of flower crowns and dainty daisies. This asymmetric piece from &Other Stories is just the ticket for channelling this look at £35.

Michael Kors / Lavish Alice 

michael kors black feather indigital via vogue lavish alice feather dress mk

Michael Kors used ostrich feathers making functional blacks that touch more floaty and were also seen at Jason Wu – for a more subtle approach, we’ve found this black feather cuff dress from Lavish Alice – it’s available at Topshop for£94 but is now half price directly from their website.

Proenza Schouler / Mango

proenza monochrome boot mango 79.99

These monochrome booties probably wouldn’t be too safe on a dance floor but are an edgy addition to any outfit. This pair from Mango come in at £79.99 and are a key shape and colour combo for A/W 15/16.

Lacoste / River Island 

lacoste racer stripe dress vogueriver island racer dress 60

This elegant collared shape from Lacoste is updated with athletic stripes as punchy yellow breaks up the dark silhouette. This racer-style from River Island is £60, complete with zip hardware and will tide you over nicely from spring to winter when teamed with trainers or  with tights and boots.

Jeremy Scott / Asos

jeremy scot vogue wellies asos gangster wellies

Jeremy Scott’s collection was full of bright colours, neon animal prints, cartoons and big Bardot hair. The humble wellington boot is a staple for us Brits and gets the high fashion treatment when paired with outlandish looks. We know this one’s a keeper and this pair comes in at an absolute steal for £18.

Libertine / Zara

libertine patchzara patch parka 59.99

Patch embellishment was seen over traditional outerwear and chinos as seen here at Libertine, but also on denim jackets and jeans at Alice & Olivia. This parka from Zara at £59.99 is a good first step into this trend and is an easy piece to throw over jeans. It’s a trend with endless DIY possibilities, too!

Amrit Santos

Credits: Kawan Best via Flickr, Indigital via Vogue.co.uk, Zara, Asos, River Island, Lavish Alice, Stories.vom/gb

Follow Impact Style on TwitterFacebook and Instagram

Fashion WeekStyle