Style

The Best Dressed at The Oscars 2016

Let’s face it, we’re going to miss making fun of Leo – a slew of top roles and interchangeable model girlfriends, the guy truly has it all now. Whilst we all scramble for new comedy material, Impact Style brings you the dreamiest looks that graced the red carpet that fateful night. 

Tina Fey leads the charge in a Versace gown and Bulgari jewellery. The boldness of the violet is contrasted with the delicateness of the crepe-like texture of the gown. A sleek updo and statement jewellery complete the look, producing a winning combination.

Priyanka Chopra donned a Zuhair Murad gown that featured a combination of silk tulle and 3D flowers. This was paired with a structured silver belt, low ponytail and supposedly $8 million worth of jewellery. Despite the translucent quality of the gown, Chopra remained undoubtedly classy, with one’s attention drawn to the beautiful craftsmanship.

Jared Leto chose a Gucci suit detailed with light burgundy piping. To further accentuate the red tones of his outfit, he favoured a vermilion floral pin in place of the conventional bowtie, and wore a black shirt in place of the typical white.

Lady Gaga wore a creation of stylistic mastery. A hybrid of the jumpsuit and sweeping train, her gown-suit was en pointe. By choosing a structured ivory fabric, the designer, Brandon Maxwell, ensured the technical qualities of the outfit could be appreciated. Gaga paired the outfit with a nude lip and blonde waves.

Rachel McAdams dazzled in an emerald satin design by August Getty Atelier. The thigh-high split meant that the actress could show off her Stuart Weitzman heels and toned legs. The subtle touch that elevated the look was a pair of drop diamond earrings.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCXdXDmlE0o/?taken-by=daisyridley&hl=en

Daisy Ridley’s Oscar debut was noteworthy to say the least. The actress chose a pale blue Chanel Haute Couture creation that was heavily embellished with hand sewn floral motifs created from combining silver gems with intricate beading. A swab of coral lipstick gave a pop of colour to the final look.

Jacob Tremblay’s custom Armani suit was an easy win, but what really dazzled were the adorable antics of the young star.

Saoirse Ronan also opted for an emerald-coloured design. She wore a custom-made Calvin Klein Collection piece that featured a plunging neckline and cut-out back, complete with green-hued sequins stitched in circular patterns. The colour was supposedly chosen as a nod to her Irish heritage, and it seems the wave-like design of the patterns are similarly an ode to the rolling plains of the Irish countryside.

Finally, Rooney Mara, in a cream Givenchy gown, was the fairest of them all. The gown featured a heavily embroidered collar, with a line of ivory buttons that simulated a plunging neckline, leading to a sophisticated diamond cut-out at her midriff, while the lace used for the gown emphasised her lithe figure. Finally, in a brilliantly feminine twist she opted for “lips as red as blood” and the combination was fairy-tale worthy.

Claire Seah

Credits: daisyridley via Instagram, ladygaga via Instagram, rooneymaradaily via Instagram,  Priyankachopra via Instagram,  screen relish via Flickr

Follow Impact Style on TwitterFacebook and Instagram

StyleStyle News