“Varsity adds an extra edge to competition, and makes you more proud of victories.” Varsity 2016: Trampoline Interview

Phil Taylor and Amy Greaves of IMPACT Sport spoke to Josie Ailman of the University of Nottingham Trampoline Club, on their season so far and Varsity 2016.

How has the season gone so far?

Josie Ailman: “We are doing really well this year!”

“We have done twice as well in BUCS this year than last year, and nearly managed a BUCS point, which is a big improvement for us. At the moment, we are 4th in the league, while Trent are 6th!”

“We know that Trent have improved, so it could well be closer this year”

“The team does a lot better in the lower leagues, and our strength lies in taking on beginners and coaching to a good standard, in order to build them up to competition standard quickly. We have had a few injuries, so I feel that our season should pick up after Easter.”

How is the preparation for varsity going and how is your recent record against Trent?

JA: “The team is going to the Irish Student Open next week, and we have entered into more synchronisation events for practice for Varsity.”

“We are hoping for a good turn-out for our first official event”

“We have also increased training sessions and strength and conditioning sessions to prepare too. This year is the first official Varsity for trampolining, but last year we held an unofficial event and UoN beat Nottingham Trent University (NTU) convincingly. However, we know that Trent have improved, so it could well be closer this year.”

What is your favourite thing about the varsity series?

JA: “Varsity adds an extra edge to competition, and makes you more proud of victories. Trampolining has a more fun event with music, and we are hoping for a good turn-out for our first official event!”

Are you looking to go to any event aside from your own?

JA: “American football and Ice hockey!”

Varsity Trampoling is part of the first Super Wednesday, on Wednesday 27th April.

Words by Amy Greaves

Interview conducted by Phil Taylor

Image: IMPACT Image Team

Follow @ImpactVarsity16 for all the updates on Nottingham Varsity 2016

SportVarsity