5 best theatre ticket schemes for students

Being a student and an art lover at the same time sadly doesn’t come cheap. Not usually that is. But Impact Arts have hunted out some of the finest (and cheapest) theatre tickets in the land for you to enjoy, and all for under £5! Now there is no excuse to pick Netflix over theatre!

Royal Shakespeare Company, Stratford-upon-Avon – RSC Key

If you are aged 16 to 25, this free scheme by the RSC allows you not only tickets for world class theatre for the nominal sum of £5, but also special offers and events. These include two for one at Warwick Castle, 10% off in the RSC Bookshop, and a loyalty scheme offering five shows for just £20. This scheme is not just valid in Stratford-upon-Avon, but also in London, giving us students the chance to see the award-winning Matilda the Musical for a minimal fee. What’s not to love?

National Theatre, London – Entry Pass

This scheme is another one for the 16-25 year olds, and offers £5 tickets to some of London’s most original and diverse theatre productions. The scheme also offers discounted tours behind the scenes and in the well-stocked bookshop. From The History Boys to Jane Eyre, the National Theatre consistently produces acclaimed and unique theatre – and for £5, it would be a shame not to take advantage of this amazing scheme!

Shakespeare’s Globe, London – £5 Standing Tickets

Pretend you’re a Shakespearean groundling at the Globe, whilst experiencing the Bard’s productions performed as closely as possible to their original performance conditions. There are an amazing 700 standing tickets reserved for each performance, and with the yard reportedly providing the best view, anyone standing will have the best view in the house…and probably slightly achy legs by the end of the performance as well!

The Nottingham New Theatre, University Park Campus, Nottingham – £5 Student Tickets

You’ll have to wait until September for this one, but support University of Nottingham’s talent by visiting the only entirely student-run theatre in the UK. Staging a new play every week of term, alongside a varied Fringe programme, the NNT offers a wide range of productions from original student writing, to renowned classics for only £5 for Students. All this for an amazing price of only £4 for NNT members. See the stars of tomorrow performing today.

Nottingham Playhouse, Nottingham – Pay What You Can Performance

Through a partnership with the Nottingham Post, the Playhouse now offer a scheme where, once for every production, there is the opportunity to pay for a ticket literally whatever you can, whether 1p or £100. Simply fill out a form from the Playhouse’s website and turn up at 10am on the day to get your tickets – it’s first come, first served however, so be prepared to get there early to join the queue!

With such a wide range of schemes and offers available, it’s almost impossible to refuse to attend. See you there!

Amy Wilcockson

Image courtesy of Amy Wilcockson

For more Five Things follow Impact Arts on Facebook and Twitter