Style

Impact Style Goes to: Lou Lou’s Vintage Fair

Lou Lou’s Vintage Fair travels around the country to offer its patrons a trip back in time with a multitude of treasures to be bought and experiences to be had. Last weekend, it was Nottingham’s turn as The Albert Hall welcomed the fair once more.

Whether you were looking for something in particular or just fancied a little look around, ‘Lou Lou’s Vintage Fair’ offered a great range of stalls for a variety of tastes.

Unlike many fairs I have been to in the past, the proportion of men’s to women’s apparel was pretty much even: there was something for everyone to have an enjoyable afternoon. In menswear, there was everything from basketball jerseys to suede jackets. In womenswear, there was everything from chiffon kaftans to bright poodle skirts.

[row]

[column size=’1/2′]img_0139[/column]

[column size=’1/2′]img_0137[/column]

[/row]

If the clothes were not to everyone’s taste, plenty of stalls offered unique gifts and delightful knick-knacks. From bird houses made out of American license plates to bouquets of flowers made out of paper, ‘Lou Lou’s Vintage Fair’ had an eclectic mix of items to buy.

[row]

[column size=’1/2′]img_0136[/column]

[column size=’1/2′]img_0146[/column]

[/row]

Many fairgoers chose to spend their time in the stylist’s chair at ‘Frenchie’s Vintage Pop up Parlour’, where an array of 50’s styles, including smooth pin curls and dramatic beehives, were on offer. The ladies and gentlemen, who took to Frenchie’s chair, definitely seemed to be enjoying some good old fashioned pampering.

img_0148

The endless stream of stalls worked up many an appetite; well, it was a good job The ‘Secret Cake Club’ were on hand to serve up some delectable goodies. I definitely had my eye on the ‘Death By Chocolate’ cake!

img_0151

It is apparent that Lou Lou’s has developed a large following over the years and it seems with good reason. Emma Owens, who started her business – Beauty Is Eloquent – at University, gave us her thoughts on the fair: “I love Lou Lou’s as they always get a good turnout. As I have been to quite a few of the [Lou Lou] fairs, I now know some of the regular stallholders.”

“I love Lou Lou’s as they always get a good turnout. As I have been to quite a few of the [Lou Lou] fairs, I now know some of the regular stallholders.”

Do not worry if you did not get a chance to attend the fair this weekend; Lou Lou’s tends to come to each city around twice a year.

Jo Grimwood

Follow  @ImpactStyle on Twitter or like Impact Style‘s Facebook page for more updates on the section.

Style