Mae Martin’s Stand-Up Show DOPE

The comedic award-winning star, Mae Martin, has recently announced a UK tour for her critically acclaimed stand-up show, DOPE.  It’s faced positve reviews from both The Times as well as The Guardian, being desribed as ‘the next big thing in comedy’ by Beat Magazine and ‘an hour that feels like a breath of fresh air’ from the words of Chortle. Her next stop after London is our city of Nottingham on 19th October, and is an event not worth missing.

“Expertly splices comedy, opinion, and enlightement” – The Guardian 

Mae Martin’s show DOPE is surrounding personal moments in time – dealing with Mae’s addictions, rehab, sexuality, and everything in between her as a young one to getting in on the adult life as a true Millennial. Her show has also gained nomination for the Edinburgh Comedy Award this year at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe.

Mae Martin – credit Ed Moore

As a Canadian, Martin began her climb up the latter of comedy from the age of 13 in the grand city of Toronto, receiving her first award at the age of 15 for the Canadian Comedy Award, and it only seems to keep on going up. Alongside her show DOPE, Mae is due to have a book on sexuality coming out in 2018 titled, Can Everyone Please Calm Down? Mae’s Guide to Sexuality, as well placing her foot in the door over at Channel 4 for filming a pilot.

“Effortlessly amusing, highly watchable charm” – The Times

In previous show’s Mae has been able to creatively express just how talented she is in her writing, capturing the audience with witty and fantsstic anecdotes and jokes. Not only has she had a hand in stand-up though, but recently won a Canadian Screen Award for her writing on Canada’s CBC hit all-female comedy series – Baroness von Sketch Show. If that isn’t enough to impress, Mae also has a BBC Radio 4 series set to come out this Autumn, a series we can all look forward to given how comedic and witty she has truly revealed herself to be.

After going viral at Russel Howards Good News, Mae has been able to step up onto the stage of comics in a powerful way, and by the sounds of the audience, it’s definitely one of serious enjoyment. For all the student’s of Nottingham, be sure to check out Mae Martin’s show DOPE, Thursday, October 18th at Nottingham Glee Club, as well as all the upcoming series, books and shows crafted by Mae herself. If it is a show called DOPE, let’s hope that that’s exaclty what it is.

Book ticket’s for Mae’s Nottingham show at the Glee Club here for some dope sh%t

Matt Johnson

Featured Image courtesy of Multitude Media and photographer Ed Moore

Follow Mae on her twitter to keep up with upcoming events, series and 100% peak humour

ArtsEntertainment