Style

Alexa Chung for Madewell – Take Two

When we found out that Alexa Chung would be doing a Part Two collection for fashion house Madewell, us at Impact couldn’t have been any more excited. Her first collection saw a mix between Chung’s preppy but effortlessly ‘downtown’ chic mixed with Madewell’s casual cool, making them the perfect collaboration. And Round Two looks to be just as successful. Although the Autumn collection won’t be available until mid-September, we managed to get a sneak preview of some of her new line.

The campaign shoot for Alexa’s new collection was shot in and around Austin, Texas to mirror the feeling of a true American road trip. The dreamy sun kissed photographs really capture what Alexa was aiming towards: Nineties cool with a side-order of Seventies funk.

The romantic elements of the road trip and Alexa’s hipster image aim to capture the ‘girls in bands who live their looks’ vibe from which her collection is inspired. Head of Madwell designs Kin Yung Lee said the shoot for the second collaboration was “like old friends getting together and creating something — and having a great time in the process!”

I personally can’t wait to see the collection on the hang, after all if it’s one thing Alexa can do, it is to make anything look amazing -she can work the poking-out preppy collar like no other person and she probably should have ownership to every denim design ever made, because she looks that good in denim hot pants. So really, I’m going to have to invest in a few pieces to see if it’s not only Alexa that looks attractive in this collection.

Keep your eyes peeled; the collection launches on the 22nd September.

Emma-Jane Steele

Style