First Acts Announced For 2013 Dot To Dot Festival

Nottingham’s resident urban festival, Dot to Dot, has announced the initial batch of artists to be playing the festival this year. The 2013 Dot to Dot Festival will take place from 24th May – 26th May, coming to Nottingham on the 26th.

East Londoners Dry The River are set to follow up their critically acclaimed album Shallow Bed with an appearance at the festival. The Stratford five piece have been working on their follow up album and will no doubt treat the festival to some new material alongside the anthemic folk of Shallow Bed.

After his intense performances at the 2011 festival, Benjamin Francis Leftwich makes a welcome return to the bill. The 23 year old from York sold out Nottingham’s Rescue Rooms in October and delivered an assured performance described by Impact as “calm and collected”, due to his “flawless” voice. Expect more of the same from the Yorkshireman at this year’s Dot to Dot.

Female folk starlet Lucy Rose will be bringing her stirring début album Like I used To to Dot to Dot. Lucy is now a regular on the Radio 1 playlist and is the darling of the NME, which suggests only one thing: a big future. This will be one of her last appearances in such a small venue and is a very exciting booking for Dot to Dot.

These three are joined on the lineup by atmospheric rock band The 1975; pop noir group Chapel Club; Dublin five-piece Little Green Cars;  electronic pop-funk act Wave Machines; London-based acid punk band Bo Ningen; Danish starlet MØ; and shoegaze band Wolf Alice.

The initial lineup announcement is completed by rising stars SKATERS, Gavin James, Night Engine, Satelite Stories, Teleman, PINS, The Bots, Story Books, Golden Fable, Only Real and Black Books.

The festival, which takes place every year across Nottingham’s various musical venues, hosts the “very best in emerging talent” according to Dot to Dot Organiser, Anton Lockwood. The eclectic festival in the past has hosted performances previously from the likes of The xx, Mumford and Sons, Florence and the Machine, Jake Bugg, Beach House, SBTRKT and Wild Beasts.

More acts will be announced in the coming weeks.

Tickets for the festival are on sale now for £20. This grants access to all the Nottingham venues (Rock City, Rescue Rooms, Bodega, Rock City Basement, Stealth and Jongleurs) for the whole day.

Liam Coleman & Ben James

GigsLead articlesMusicNews
  • Jake Bugg
    19 February 2013 at 14:15