Style

The Beauty Edit: London Fashion Week A/W 2013

London Fashion week has come and gone faster than a speeding train, a glamorous speeding train at that occupied with beautiful skinny supermodels rather than the usual array of ordinary commuters on a National Rail service train! It’s clear to admit that with a simple blink of an eye it’s possible to miss some amazing and creative beauty trends that featured on the catwalk. I have summed up some of my favourite beauty trends from our beloved London fashion week, and as usual our cosmopolitan capital has not left us fashionista’s the least bit disappointed…

Eyes

The Doe-Eyed Girls featured at Antipodium and Tom Ford

Antipodium clearly demonstrated that going all out on the eyes is a necessity; the focus of this look is dark to metallic bronzey eyes in order to achieve a feline look. The rest of the face is left natural with blotted lips to accentuate these bold ‘come look at me eyes’. Tom Ford opted for a more polished version of the look but still maintained that this is an awe inspiring beauty trend for this season. If you are daring enough, try out bright blue mascara alongside the bronzed eyes!

MAKE UP 1

MAKE UP 2

Glittery Partied Out Eyes featured at House of Holland

Ahh! Finally a beauty trend that glamorises student life! We have all had those moments where we wake up the morning after with glitter misplaced on our eyelids (sometimes on our pillow cases!) but at House of Holland the models graced the catwalk with fuchsia pink glittery eyes that focused on the corners of the eyelids. This look is one of my favourites as it introduces a more fun and playful take on the bronzed smokey eye and let’s admit it, what girl doesn’t love a little bit of pink now and then! The more glitter the better; play around with different pastel shades for different nights out!

MAKE UP 3

MAKE UP 4

The Sophisticated 70’s Eye featured at Mulberry

The chocolate smokey eye was adopted by Mulberry and too right as it looked absolutely delicious on the models. Fresh, super polished, glossy skin played as the backdrop for the Mulberry super sophisticated chocolate smokey eye! This look is perfect if you are looking for a more mature alterative to the glittery night out eyes!

MAKE UP 5

The Cornflower Blue Eye featured at Topshop Unique

The Topshop show oozed magic once again and Hannah Murray showed off her skills by embracing cornflower blue once again opting for a smokey eye. Blue eye shadow is the marmite of the beauty world, we either love or hate it but at Topshop Unique I fell in love. It looked beautiful and ethereal. No need for mascara, keep it simple!

MAKE UP 6

Face

Perfect Nude Faces at Clements Ribeiro

The models at Clements Ribeiro were sent down the catwalk with perfect nude faces that showed off immaculate and healthy skin. Peachy matte skin, brushed up brows with precision and a flush of cheek colour which gave us all the impression that these models took turned a wintery walk into something naughty. Isn’t that a look we all want to achieve this season?

MAKE UP 7

Illustrated Faces featured at Vivienne Westwood

The make-up artist Val Garland described this look “as if we were drawing straight onto paper” understandably we can’t rock this look on a daily basis maybe try those fancy dress nights out? Without fail, Vivienne Westwood made us all feel a little bit nostalgic having us reach for our crayons…….

MAKE UP 8

MAKE UP 9

Hair

Moschino Cheap and Chic Grungy Hair

Moschino Cheap and Chic showed us that grungy-punk really can be glamorous. Models embraced the catwalk with messy buns that were pinned to perfection. Invest in a good quality hair mousse (hair stylists opted for Pantene) run it through your hair and use a hairdryer to dry roughly. Set it well with hairspray and you’re ready to go!

HAIR 1

The Hybrid Cone-Hive featured at PPQ

PPQ hairstylist and ambassador for GHD, Kenna restyled the traditional beehive and gave it a late 80’s and early 90’s spin at PPQ. This particular look is inspired by power dressing and strong females as inspiration. PPQ has now created the Cone-Hive and it really ooze all things power!

MAKE UP 11

Tucked in Hair featured at Mulberry

Mulberry certainly didn’t disappoint me this season with their beauty looks, the tucked in hair looked terribly cute on the models, giving the illusion of short hair. Simple, understated and beaut! Now we can all blissfully pretend we have short hair without the traumatic trip to the hairdressers!

HAIR 3

Lips

Punchy Red Lips featured at Antonio Berardi and Holly Fulton

The red lip has become such a beloved beauty trend that make-up artists and everyone else has not seemed to get sick of it! At Antonio Berardi we saw a punchy bright red lip that looked girly more than the sexy red lips we are used to seeing. These lips stood out in the right way as models kept the eyes simple using white eyeliner rather than a dark one. At Holly Fulton models opted for a graphic fluorescent red lip which were matted with lip pigment. This red lip is more for nights out than day time wear!

LIPS 1

LIPS 2

Lollipop Pink Lips featured at Jasper Conran

Hooray, the pink lipstick is back! Jasper Conran showed us that colour pop clash is the right way to go when it comes to autumn beauty and fashion trends. Against pale skin, and autumn brights, a lollipop pink lipstick works a treat.

HATS 1

Nails

Skittle Coloured Nails featured at PPQ

There’s only one motto when it comes to nails at PPQ, wear any shade you like, as long as it’s bright, long and super square edged!

NAILS 1

Nude Nails featured at Preen, Topshop Unique, and Felder Felder

Nude nails in different varieties were seen at London Fashion Week. The different takes on the nude nails complimented the loud looks and make-up trends that dominated the catwalks.

NAILS 2 NAILS 3

NAILS 5

Kimishka Naidoo

Style