Style

The Student-friendly Beauty Bag:

I find the concept of a purse-friendly make-up bag seriously challenging. I am a total ‘high end’ beauty junkie. Self confessed. So I know what it’s like to crave expensive, high quality make-up and not be able to afford it (especially as a beauty blogger who reads about new products daily and therefore has a wishlist as long as my arm!) But recently I have researched and reviewed some really great products that match the quality of high-end brands but are far more student-budget friendly. So here are my top 6 impressive yet affordable buys:

Untitled

1. Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine nail polishes, 3.99  Boots: If you haven’t heard about these…where have you been! Nearly all of my friends who have tried them have loved them, and I haven’t seen a single blogger who has a bad word to say about them. They come in such pretty colours, are VERY long lasting, and give a beautiful shellac effect on the nail.

nails 101

2. Rimmel ‘Wake me up’ foundation, 8.99 Boots: I kept hearing about this around the blogosphere and decided I had to give it a go. I am admittedly a massive foundation snob, but this works brilliantly as a base, and I would compare it to NARS’s ‘Sheer glow’ foundation. It has good coverage and gives your skin a healthy glow. As you can see, my bottle is pretty empty!

WakeMeUpFoundation_PRODUCT_01

3. Barry M and Topshop lipsticks (pictured here in 147 ‘peachy pink’ and ‘charmed’, 8.00): I love both of these brands for lipsticks, as they have a great variety of shades and are so purse-friendly that I nearly always end up picking up more than one at a time!

topshop lipsticks

4. Sleek blushes in ‘Suede’ and ‘Life’s a peach’, 4.49 Superdrug: I still cannot believe how pigmented and gorgeous these blushes are when I remember how much I paid for them. Sleek is sold in Superdrug and is an extremely affordable (but high-quality) brand; try their lipsticks and eyeshadow palettes too.

Sleek blusher

5. Collection lasting perfection concealer, 4.19: I’m not sure whether I’ve met a person who hasn’t given this a whirl. Before this I was using an Estee Lauder concealer which I loved, but which was also a little pricey. This Collection version is so much cheaper and just as good, so I’ll be sticking with it for the long haul!

collection makeup

6. Real Techniques brushes, 6.99 upwards: Another cult buy that has rocked the blogosphere. I cannot fault these brushes, and they are super affordable compared to high-end versions. I recently bought a Bobbi Brown bronzer brush and I can honestly say these are better and at a fraction of the price. They are sold in Boots and Superdrug so are easy to get your hands on.

Brushes1

Rebecca Fearn

Rebecca writes regularly on beauty and fashion in her blog: beautyandtheb1.blogspot.co.uk

Style