Style

NYFW: Ones To Watch

It is the eve of NYFW and Impact Style are gearing up for some show-stopping collections. Over the next month, we’ll be assessing and analysing over 50 different catwalks for Spring/Summer 2014 across the fashion world and can’t wait to see what the fast-paced, energetic city of New York has to offer. The ‘Big Apple’ has produced some of the world’s most electric designs, but is also home to showcasing some debut collections. We’re looking at the launch of All Saints on the catwalk in particular to see how a high street giant can compete in the designer playground. In order to provide some contrast, we’ve selected 5 very different shows to watch out for during NYFW:

oscar-de-la-renta-fall-2013-nails-backstage-beauty-w724

Oscar de la Renta:
Not wanting to overshadow his collection, it has recently been reported that de la Renta has shortened the list of his Frow in order to ensure viewers are not distracted from the show itself. We’re expecting big things from Oscar De La Renta, lavish ball gowns, spring florals and sheer panelling are all featured in past collections. Lots of ruffles and silk should contribute to one of the best shows of the week.

Victoria Beckham:
Victoria Beckham is known for bloc colour with clinical and structural designs in her ready-to-wear collections. The eagerly anticipated Victoria Victoria Beckham show promises a twist on smart staple items, with fresh, minimal make – up and hair. Since debuting her label in 2009 at NYFW, the label is internationally recognised and highly regarded by the fashion and media world. New York is the perfect setting for her collections, chic but fierce serious.

suno-lookbook-brand-opening-ceremony-2

Opening Ceremony:
A ‘wild child’ of fashion, Opening Ceremony brings electricity and energy to the Big Apple with high contrast colours and various prints to pay true homage to the ‘clash revival’. From structural designs to loose fitting dresses, this American label promises to bring a ‘laid – back cool’ to clothes, inspired by street wear and the music industry. Expect loud make – up, clashing prints and retro accessories.

Jenny Packham:
A favourite of Kate Middleton, Jenny Packham has cemented herself in the red carpet world dressing everyone from Kate Hudson to Kate Winslet. Traditionally she is known for her bridal gowns but the label’s ready-to-wear collections always follow a strong colour theme or repetitive texture within their shows, a key element of the label. The British designer will no doubt storm NYC, and we’re excited to see the Front Row too.

Jessie Roseblade

Style