Beauty

Autumn-Winter Skincare Saviours

The temperature is dropping and before we know it we will be in the cold depths of winter. Our skin can often take a while to adjust to this new environment and with freshers flu doing the rounds, it is important to give your skin a bit of TLC. With this in mind Ella Ryder has picked out some key products that help to combat any dry, flaky skin:

skincare guide 

Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm (Boots, £21). This is a recent purchase for me and it’s amazing at removing make up and leaving my combination skin silky smooth. It’s slightly expensive (depending on your budget) at £21 but you only need a small amount as the balm texture melts in your hands as you massage it in to your skin. Don’t let the word ‘balm’ put you off, it’s not greasy at all and won’t strip your skin of its essential oils.

Soap & Glory Smoothie Star Body Buttercream (Boots, £10.50). If you love the smell of pistachio, almond, or cocoa butter, this luxurious whipped cream is for you. It sinks in straight away and smells absolutely incredible.

Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Notting Hill Nude (Boots, £6.49). I usually use this with a balm underneath for extra moisture but the formula of this leaves lips feeling hydrated. This is the perfect ‘your lips but better’ shade.

Pukka Organic Virgin Coconut Oil (Amazon, £8.50). Everyone is praising the benefits of this wonder product at the minute. There are endless ways to use it: as a moisturiser, subtle highlighter, lip balm, hair mask, anti-frizz serum, hand and foot treatment and it’s also a healthier option to using olive oil when cooking. If you adore the smell of coconut you will love this and it’s many uses.

Indeed Labs Hydraluron Moisture Booster (Boots, £24.99). Not everyone will find this a necessary investment but if you find your normal moisturiser isn’t quite cutting it during the colder months, this serum might be your new best friend. The magic ingredient is Hyaluronic acid which is a superb hydration ingredient that can hold up to 1,000 times its weight in water, meaning that over time your skin will need less of your regular moisturiser. Just use when needed underneath what you normally use.

Burts Bees Beeswax and Banana Hand Cream (Boots, £9.99). Who doesn’t want soft hands? This super rich, all natural hand cream is made with aloe vera and vitamin E to moisturise dry skin and beeswax to help seal and protect your hands from the elements.

Words: Ella Ryder

Images: Ella Ryder, Lisa Widerberg

For more from Impact Style follow us on Twitter @ImpactStyle or find us on Facebook

BeautyStyle
  • Sharon
    14 October 2013 at 14:50