Style

The Best and The Worst: Celebrity Style 1-6/11/2014

Impact Style takes a look at the best and worst celebrity fashion had to offer this week.

This Week’s Best Dressed Celebrity: Lea Michele

lea

Lea Michele made sure all eyes were on her at the amfAR Inspiration Gala in Hollywood this week in a shimmering gold dress by Versace. Pairing it with classic smokey eyes and natural lips, whilst keeping her hair loose and natural stopped the outfit from being too OTT and meant that the centre of attention was definitely that figure hugging dress.

Kate Hudson

kate

Another celebrity getting it right this week is Kate Hudson, who donned this fun red lace Temperly London dress for the Courage in Journalism Awards 2014. Kate obviously pays attention to the little details: note how her Christian Louboutins are the perfect match to her dress, which really marries the entire outfit. The subtle hint of skin through the lace sleeves and lace collar mean the dress is playful as well as classy.

Jenna Louise Coleman

jenna

Jenna Louise Coleman left her Doctor Who roots very much behind her when she attended the Pre Britannia party in Hollywood this week in this chic cream ensemble. She may only be a star of the small screen, but pairing this nude blouse with an embellished Burberry meant she looked every part the A-Lister. Her make-up and hair were also impeccable and ensured she looked refined from head to toe.

Lily Collins

lily

However, it wasn’t just Jenna who took the style crown at the Pre Britannia Hollywood party, as Lily Collins’ outfit was also on point.  Featured frequently on Impact’s best dressed list, Lily demonstrates how she is deserving of a place yet again in this cream co-ord crop top and skirt. She added touches of Hollywood sparkle with the addition of matching gold shoes and clutch, plus we absolutely love her new haircut which frames her face perfectly!

Juno Temple

juno

And last but not least our fifth best dressed celebrity is Juno Temple who made an impact at the Hollywood premiere of her new film Horns in this pale pink satin dress. The midi length of the dress balances out the revealing top half of the dress, hinting at raciness rather than overdoing it. Her heavy eye makeup and messy ponytail steered this outfit clear of being too girly and allowed her to incorporate her personal punk-esque sense of style to the look.

This Week’s Worst Dressed Celebrity: Zosia Mamet

zosia

However, even celebrities make fashion blunders and it is fair to say that Zosia Mamet’s outfit choice can be considered just that. Instead of opting for something more worthy of a red carpet premiere, Zosia appeared to be wearing some sort of school uniform inspired matching pin stripe blazer and shorts along with a pair of mannish
boots. And while that perhaps could have been excused as quirky fashion taste, there is no denying that the suit is ill fitting and unflattering, which cannot be absolved. Mamet might want a word with her stylist.

Miley Cyrus

miley

Well, it’s no secret that Miley Cyrus isn’t afraid of flashing a little flesh, something which is very clear here in her outfit choice at the amfAR LA Inspiration Gala. Designed by Tom Ford, this ‘dress’ (can we even call it that?) leaves very little to the imagination, but the whole bondage inspired top half is just a little tacky whilst the bottom of the dress seems to just hang there. However, Miley did donate $500,000 dollars at the event to raise funds for AIDS research so perhaps we can forgive the outfit in light of her generosity.

Kate Moss

katemoss

Supermodels are not immune from worst dressed lists, Kate Moss included. This outfit demonstrates why less really is more: the pink silk pyjama suit combined with a polka dot pattern, plus a feathery shawl she donned for a star studded event in London has just way too much going on.  It’s no surprise that she opted to change outfits half way through the night into a Stella McCartney leopard print leotard (which we aren’t sure was much better).

Anne Hathaway

anne

Okay so this might not be the worst outfit ever, but Anne has definitely looked better. This Wes Gordon dress looks like it’s made from chainmail rather than being black and shimmery gold. It’s also really ageing: the midi length plus long sleeved arms perhaps would have been better suited to someone a little older. Anne definitely could have opted for something more youthful and bright in our opinion!

Elle Fanning

elle

Elle Fanning is normally the queen of rocking a gorgeous princess dress on the red carpet but this week she missed the mark. This off the shoulder floral Marchesa dress ages Elle well beyond her 16 years. The nude base of the dress fails to flatter her skin tone, rather it blends to her skin, making her look pale and washed out. Sorry Elle!

Zoe Williamson

Follow Impact Style on TwitterFacebook and Instagram

Images: Getty, People.com

Style