Style

The Best and The Worst: 30/11/2014 – 7/12/2014

Impact Style takes a look at this week’s best and worst celebrity fashion.

THIS WEEKS BEST DRESSED CELEBRITY: Kate Hudson

katebest

This week sees Kate Hudson back firmly on the best dressed list wearing this blush Paper London jumpsuit for the Chrome Hearts Miami Event Project. Kate accessorises the jumpsuit simply with some gold jewellery, messy top knot and a glowing tan, which the off the shoulder flared cut of the jumpsuit gives her the opportunity to show off.

BLAKE LIVELY

blakebest

Probably the best dressed baby bump ever – Blake Lively doesn’t let a little thing like being pregnant stop her from still being fashionably dressed at the Lorel Paris Women of Worth Awards. Blake shows us that maternity wear can be stylish in this slim fitting black maxi dress. The backless detail stops the dress from being too plain along with the edition of plenty of sparkly jewellery demonstrates how Blake’s style grows from strength to strength.

SUKI WATERHOUSE

sukibest

Okay, how can any girl not love this dress? For the nostalgia alone of dressing up like Cinderella, Suki deserves a place on this week’s best dressed list. Teaming the Burberry dress with cat eye make up and tousled hair toughens up this girly look and shows us that you are never too old to dress up as your favourite Disney princess.

JENNIFER ANISTON

jenniferbest

Jennifer Aniston’s 60’s inspired look at the premiere of her new film, Cake, was a winner for us here at Impact. This peach Calvin Klein A-line dress flatters her figure and shows off her amazing legs whilst the colour really highlights her skin tone. The metallic pumps also had a bit of fun to the outfit meaning the look remains youthful and sophisticated.

EMMA WATSON

emmabest

It’s no wonder the nations favourite, Emma Watson, took home the British Style Icon Award at this year’s British Fashion Awards in this white, wide leg jumpsuit by Misha Nonoo. Jumpsuits are a fashion favourite at the moment so take inspiration from Emma who proves how a simple well cut jumpsuit can look super glamerous. Also take note of the plunging neckline which Emma also does well, baring just the right amount of skin.

THIS WEEKS WORST DRESSED CELEBRITIES: Selena Gomez

selenaworst

You would forget Selena Gomez is only twenty two in this black long sleeved gown she wore to the AMA’s. The colour and the cut age her dramatically, making her look matronly along with the low pony tail hair style. Selena is normally a fashion favourite because of her love of bold colours and fitted designs and this dress really doesn’t reflect her own personal style.

SALMA HAYEK

salmaworst

Normally famous for dressing her curvy figure in body hugging dresses, Salma Hayek attempted to take on the menswear trend at a film premiere this week, but sadly failed to pull it off. While we appreciate her attempt to vary her normal red carpet look, this blazer and skirt combo just looks downright scruffy. The blazer might have worked paired with some cute slim fitting suit trousers but it’s the teaming of it with the pleated ‘school’ skirt that makes this outfit so unflattering and, quite frankly, unworthy of the red carpet. Stick to your dresses Salma.

KATE BECKINSALE

kateworst

Who doesn’t love a good statement necklace every now and then? But this Paula Mendoza gold choker is just not doing Kate any favours. In fact, it looks like it is strangling her and overall the look is trying too hard to be sexy. If her hair had been left natural, covering some of her chest, and the choker removed, the look might have been passable. 

JENNIFER LOPEZ

jloworst

We get it Jen, you have amazing abs and I understand you wanting to flaunt them, but this Reem Acra dress just doesn’t do anyone any favours. The ‘scarf as a top’ look is seriously dated and this dress with its excess of material is just a plain old hot mess.

DIANNA AGRON

dianaworst

I think someone neglected to inform Dianna that Halloween has been and gone. Irregardless, the ruched Marchesa dress isn’t flattering – it looks like a costume only a member of the Addams Family could pull off. That Dianna chose to team this with OTT smokey eyes and birds nest styled hair for the AMA’s makes me think she attended the wrong event – the fancy dress party is the other way.

Zoe Williamson

Follow Impact Style on TwitterFacebook and Instagram

Images: Karwai Tang/ Wire Image, Fred Duval/Film Magic, AKM-GSI, Getty, Stevie Granitz/Wire Image, David Livingston/Getty, Gilbert Flores/Broadimage, Parisa/Splashnewsonline, REX US, Jeff Kravitz/ Filmmagic, Frazer Harrison/Getty, David M. Bennet/ Getty

Style