Trailer Watch – Terminator: Genisys

Schwarzenegger may be older, but he’s back and just as deadly as ever. Our first look at Terminator: Genisys gives us a very good idea of what to expect – a reboot that will reset everything that has gone before. Prepare to see classic Terminator moments as you have never seen them before.

Critics seem to agree that, since the original Terminator, the iconic sci-fi franchise has gotten steadily worse, with 2009’s Terminator Salvation and its CGI Arnie being the worst of the lot. But from the trailer, Genisys definitely has promise. We once again see the future resistance, led by John Connor (Jason Clarke). Once again, Kyle Reese (Jai Courtney) is sent back to save Conner’s mother. But when he arrives, things are not as they should be. The ‘scared and weak’ Sarah Conner as seen in the original picture is now a bus-driving, shop-destroying bad-ass played by Emelia Clarke. No longer the naïve Linda Hamilton incarnation, this Sarah Connor was orphaned at aged 9, then raised and trained by Arnold Schwarzenegger’s T-800 or ‘Pops’.

With loads of references to the films gone by, Genisys may have to be careful that it doesn’t become a parody of itself, but with some great CGI and an interesting concept, I for one am looking forward to it. The scene in which Arnie confronts and kills, well, himself, is an exciting proposition.

Henry Stanley

Click here for more Trailer Watch

Let us know your thoughts on this trailer via Facebook and Twitter, or leave a comment.