0 October 30, 2015 13:39
Perfect for any occasion you have this Halloween, these cute little meringue ghosts are simple to make but very impressive.
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 tablespoon of cream of tartar
- 1 cup of sugar
- black icing
- Preheat oven to 110 celsius.
- Whip the egg whites up until they become slightly frothy.
- Slowly add the sugar to the mixer.
- Add the cream of tartar.
- Continue whipping until the mixture becomes stiff and holds its shape.
- Line a baking tray with foil.
- Put the meringue mixture into an icing bag.
- Using a large round icing tip, press the meringue mixture onto the foil then lift up. Repeating this, create stacked layers of three for each ghost.Put them in the oven for 45 minutes or until the tops are slightly browned.
- Once cooled and hardened, decorate with black icing.
- You’re done! time to enjoy.
Image via Flickr by Conzinhando Fantasias