Style

Boxing Day Shopping Tips

There are many amazing things about this time of year: spending time with your family, eating whatever you want to without guilt, but one of the best things are the Boxing Day sales. You’ve given out all the presents and it’s time to treat yourself, here are a few tips and tricks to get the best out of your Boxing Day shopping.

1. Write a list

With just about everything on sale, it can be easy to get overwhelmed or buy anything with a big enough discount. Writing a list ensures that you get what you need, I normally go through my wardrobe and do a bit of research a few days before to make sure my list is perfect, and don’t be afraid to be specific!

2. Think a season ahead

It can be easy to buy piles of jumpers and scarfs but spring is only two months away, so it could be great to look for pieces that will carry you through the warmer months. You don’t want to end up buying something that you won’t get to wear this winter because you may not like it so much next year.

3. Create a budget

Budgets are always useful when shopping but especially when shopping in the sales. Knowing how much you want to spend and on which pieces will allow to stay on top of your spending and help avoid overindulgent impulse purchases. Believe me, your bank account will thank you.

4. Use the filters

While shopping online, it can be heart breaking to find that perfect piece only for your size to be sold out. I would suggest filtering in your size to avoid false hope, also if you know what colour you want filtering it can save a lot of time, especially if you are a common size and need to get it before it’s snatched up.

5. Be careful about size

First of all not all clothes are made the same, so make yourself familiar with the size guide because you may be missing out on clothes that you thought wouldn’t fit. Remember, fit is more important than size, certain pieces can afford to be bought a little bigger or smaller but others can’t, and for those pieces don’t bother, you’ll be stuck with something you love that will never look quite right. Although if it is worth it, you could always get it altered.

Ike Denloye

Image credits: Elliot Brown/Flickr

Follow Impact Style on TwitterFacebook and Instagram

Style